Not happy after dipping my bow

rhendrix

WKR
So I sent my bow off to be dipped, it was originally Realtree xtra, after talking to the dipper back and forth they reassured me that the dip film they used would match Hoyt's film. Got the bow back Tuesday and I'm just not happy with the results, the film looks darker and more glossy than before. Admittedly I know I'm probably being picky. But I paid for something and had a specific result in mind. Will the film and glossiness diminish some when the bow is exposed to UV light?

I doubt it will reduce the gloss. Most dippers generally use a matte over coat to reduce that sheen. What pattern did you have it dipped in and who did it? Care to post a few pictures?

jherald

WKR
I've had a few things dipped and the prep work and film used resulted in a nice matted dull finish, exactly what I was looking for. The only "glossy" areas are from when the finish has rubbed against my pack or something and worn the finish smoother. I wouldnt want a glossy finish for hunting, but its just me personally.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
I'll post up some pics tomorrow. I think I'm gonna take a scotch brite pad and try knocking some of the sheen down. It appears that the finish is matte, but it's much glossier than the original finish.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Ok gents. I knocked down quite a bit of the sheen off with a scotch brite pad.

This is kinda what I was dealing before:
6800b2198f0ac015e09e7877f9146b82.jpg

This is where I'm at now:
6dea5d2b595b47590c8bcc62d24cab73.jpg