NV deer down!

Shrek

WKR
So , are some of us going to climb on their high horse and second guess Slim's shot selection ? If he thought he could make the shot it's good by me. Please , let's just enjoy the story and be happy for Slim.

Hardstalk

WKR
So , are some of us going to climb on their high horse and second guess Slim's shot selection ? If he thought he could make the shot it's good by me. Please , let's just enjoy the story and be happy for Slim.

X2!

Congrats again!

_Nick_

WKR

Going to have to respectfully disagree here Shrek. I think it's certainly a good thing to question questionable shot choices. There is nothing more I hate to see than wounded animals out there. The fact is that a headshot with an arrow is a relatively low probability shot. Period. I think it is incumbent on responsible hunters to point that out.

Certainly, congrats on the buck Slim!

I am not one of "you"...

I don't own a horse...

"Second guess Slims shot selection"... When it involves voluntarily aiming at the head with an arrow you bet...

Enjoy the story, you bet... That's why I said "Nice buck".

Good luck on your bowhunts this year Daveinjax.

Last edited:

bowuntr

WKR
I read it and cringed... If you post something like that on the internet, you better be prepared for the backlash. I give him some credit for being honest and lots of credit for being successful.

I hope that nobody here will argue that a head shot on a deer with an arrow is ethical... it is not.

Congrats again on a nice buck... Ed F

Nice buck man, glad you had a great hunt and good for you taking someone along for something new.

Nothing "high horse" about questioning shot selection when it's questionable. Policing ourselves is a good idea IMO. If no one says anything, the kid or the new bowhunter think that a head shot is a normal thing, which it is not.

Going to have to respectfully disagree here Shrek. I think it's certainly a good thing to question questionable shot choices. There is nothing more I hate to see than wounded animals out there. The fact is that a headshot with an arrow is a relatively low probability shot. Period. I think it is incumbent on responsible hunters to point that out.

Certainly, congrats on the buck Slim!

Exactly. Just because someone "thought" they could make the shot does not male it a good choice. I have seen deer with an arrow through their jaw. I am sure they went on to starve to death, unable to eat.

Every single deer wounded was wounded by a hunter who "thought they could make the shot". We have to chose to make ethical high percentage shots so when we think we can do it we actually can.