NV deer down!

Topgun 30-06

Banned
I wonder what the guy thought he was doing that shot the arrow at this buck! I took that picture in unit 15 in NM on a muzzleloader hunt in 2003. It was the day before the ML opener or I would have shot him even though he was a dink! IMHO that is one of those deals that they refer to as: "You can't fix stupid!" for whoever did that. It's bad enough hearing people talking about head shots with a gun at any real distance and then you read about head shooting with a bow---WOW!

Attachments

• MVC-074X.jpg
    MVC-074X.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Hardstalk

WKR
I wonder what the guy thought he was doing that shot the arrow at this buck! I took that picture in unit 15 in NM on a muzzleloader hunt in 2003. It was the day before the ML opener or I would have shot him even though he was a dink! IMHO that is one of those deals that they refer to as: "You can't fix stupid!" for whoever did that. It's bad enough hearing people talking about head shots with a gun at any real distance and then you read about head shooting with a bow---WOW!

I don't like to Judge without the whole story. Could have jumped the string, arrow could have deflected, sight may have been bumped, release may have been faulty. A lot of variables to claim a man as stupid without the story.

Topgun 30-06

Banned
I don't like to Judge without the whole story. Could have jumped the string, arrow could have deflected, sight may have been bumped, release may have been faulty. A lot of variables to claim a man as stupid without the story.

Yea right! A deer most likely isn't going to be hit in that area, regardless of any of the scenarios you mentioned, but let's forget that one. What I will judge is the OP that openly stated in his story that he took a head shot because that was all he could see and that it was a big buck that he just couldn't pass up the shot on. That sucks and I wouldn't have anyone in my camp that thinks otherwise!

Don't think he head shot that deer, but y'all continue to pile on. Its completely takes away from his achievements and great pics thought.

Nice job

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Don't think he head shot that deer, but y'all continue to pile on. Its completely takes away from his achievements and great pics thought.

Nice job

He missed the deer he took the head shot at earlier in his hunt! Quit arguing about "piling it on" and read his story closely!!! Then you can come back and issue an apology!