Off season for the dogs

Mosby

WKR
Warm weekend in the KC area. Was able to go out with the local Vizsla club and work with my 2 year old Vizsla both days. Did training over birds yesterday to steady him up and ran him in a mock SH hunt test this morning over quail.

He's been my trail running buddy mostly so far since duck & quail season went out.

Brushed up a little on steady to wing last week. No issues on pigeons but I need to find some quail and pheasants to tempt him a little more.
0KKUMuh.jpg

Once things warm up a little more I'm planning on more casting drills and trying to extend his distance a little more.

ccc9092

FNG
What are some good resource for new handlers like myself?

Was gifted a five year old English Setter and would love to know what all I can do with him this offseason. He’s a hunting machine but doesn’t seem to fit the NAVHDA qualifications.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jason Snyder
What are some good resource for new handlers like myself?

Was gifted a five year old English Setter and would love to know what all I can do with him this offseason. He’s a hunting machine but doesn’t seem to fit the NAVHDA qualifications.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on what you’re wanting to accomplish. You could still hook up with some local NAVHDA or JGVH folks to work on pointing work.

TSAMP

WKR
I'm also still working wild birds. They cut some late corn here and birds have been concentrated. Been a great start for the 12 week old pup getting to see wild birds up pretty close. I'm impressed at his motor. We do 2 mile walks off leash no problem at all.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20240310-201529.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240310-201529.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 14

Mosby

WKR
Made arrangements with another Vizsla owner to bring my young Vizsla over to her house this week, so I can work my dog on honoring. He's going to his first AKC hunt test in April so I want to tighten things up. Going to buy some quail next week and just keep working on the basics. Great time of year to work with dogs IMO. Not too hot and ticks aren't out in full force yet.

AndrewMT34

Lil-Rokslider
Starting force fetch with my 3 year old griff and beginning some formal whoa training with my 1 year old GSP. Should be a fun spring.

What tick medication does everyone use?

TSAMP

WKR
Starting force fetch with my 3 year old griff and beginning some formal whoa training with my 1 year old GSP. Should be a fun spring.

What tick medication does everyone use?
Bravecto for me, mostly because it lasts 3 months. It's nice when you find ticks on your dog and they're the dead kind.