Offset stock...What the.....?

Beendare

WKR
I saw where Jerry Miculek is running an offset stock on his AR platform. The adjustable stock has the butt pad off line of the centerline axis of the rifle.

If it was some yahoo on Youtube I wouldn't have given it much thought...but with JM I tend to listen.
Image 4-17-24 at 12.57 PM.jpeg
I pulled a screen shot of it -above- from his latest video on Recoil reduction. He says he is playing around with it so the jury is still out.

He claims there is less shots wanting to go offline- the stock somehow compensates for that.

What do you think?

Here's the vid

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I saw where Jerry Miculek is running an offset stock on his AR platform. The adjustable stock has the butt pad off line of the centerline axis of the rifle.

If it was some yahoo on Youtube I wouldn't have given it much thought...but with JM I tend to listen.
View attachment 701274
I pulled a screen shot of it -above- from his latest video on Recoil reduction. He says he is playing around with it so the jury is still out.

He claims there is less shots wanting to go offline- the stock somehow compensates for that.

What do you think?

Here's the vid

Yes, it works. But it’s much more specific to a particular position (standing for instance), than an all around improvement. And, it works against you in some positions and completely against you if shot with the opposite hand/shoulder.

BBob

WKR
Lots of high power adjustable stocks are shot that way. An across the course shooter will likely have three different setups none with the butt perfectly aligned.IMG_3190.jpeg

Last edited:

TaperPin

WKR
I’ve found it interesting that this isnt more popular, even when a gun with better natural point of aim can make a significant difference in speed and ultimate accuracy.