OH / IL public land

Fordguy

WKR
Where I hunt in Michigan I can buy a lot of antlerless permits, but the 2 does and 1 buck I shot this year filled my freezer and topped off my parent's freezer. I thought about buying a second freezer (just like I do every year) just haven't convinced myself to do it yet.

RDO34

FNG
I lived and hunted in Illinois for most of my life. There is the lesser known "silver triangle" that gets less traffic, albeit still highly pressured like a lot of Midwest public land.

trekker9

FNG
Ohio isn't putting out the big Public Land bucks it used to. Still a few, but nothing like 15 years ago. Way too many you tube wannabes looking for "content". Punch Ohio Public land buck in the search bar and you get a bunch of videos with titles like "OHIO BBD on Public Land" and they are all 120" deer. It's almost weird.

trekker9

FNG
Everything like this goes full circle. Ohio Public Land will be empty in 5-10 years. The You tubers and their fanboys will keep shooting 2 year old 8 points and people will eventually realize there are better places to hunt big deer on Public Land.

trekker9

FNG
Did a little research today. Ohio has 16 acres of Public land for every non resident tag sold this year.

Shit show.