One Place and One Species… What and Where Are You Hunting?

Southeast Kansas whitetails.
But then I'd have to become one of those guys that just hikes around the mountains to listen to bugles.

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
Elk. . . And torn between a beautiful long valley in a state to remain nameless, or a trophy unit somewhere in wyoming with lots of elk and not much pressure. Would have to be a unit where I can carry over from archery to rifle as well so I can stretch that season out and get picky after the first year or two.
If you're not in MT move there and kill all the elk you can.

Elk hunting in Montana or Idaho. Wouldn't really matter where as long as I can chase bulls in the rut. They don't need to be giants either.

Went chukar hunting once, with a buddy. We hiked to the top of the damn mountain and the birds jumped up and flew down it. I repeat, I went chukar hunting, once.
Wait until you get under them and they fly sidehill. They are easier to hit and you can get back on them.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I only hunted them one time for fun, after that it was revenge, pure and simple.

If you could only hunt in one location and for one species for the rest of your life, what/where would it be?

Do you go “guaranteed wild game meat” strategy, or something like “challenging/fun hunt” year after year, etc? Maybe you are tied to specific place/species due to family tradition/comradery?

Very curious to see other hunters’ takes on this.
Arizona Archery elk every year in September sounds pretty darn good to me.

Mtndawger

FNG
Either Muley hunting in the Colorado high country or bird hunting in Nebraska where you could head out for mallards and end up getting pheasant, prairie chicken or sharp tail. Lucky I don’t have to choose though

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
If you could only hunt in one location and for one species for the rest of your life, what/where would it be?

Do you go “guaranteed wild game meat” strategy, or something like “challenging/fun hunt” year after year, etc? Maybe you are tied to specific place/species due to family tradition/comradery?

Waterfowl wyoming. Love the bond with my dogs and the challenge of getting birds in.

pds794

FNG
Whitetails in the Platte drainage in northeastern CO. Love the ecology and other wildlife of the area.

Whitetail deer in Iowa as a resident landowner.
I could shoot up to 3 big bucks every year.
Plus most of the good areas have a lot of does.
Iowas HUSH program is dang good program.

Swamp Fox

WKR

Skwirls for location and whitetail for species ...

Eastern Turkeys for challenge.

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it...

Scottyboy

WKR
a coin flip for moose or caribou in alaska. Have done neither. But 30 years of dreams I would drop hunting anything else forever, for a single hunt