OnGlass Adapter - light & effective digiscoping

cronsman

WKR
With all the craze in new phone adapters these days (not to mention how expensive they are…) I stumbled on the OnGlass adapter 2.0 and decided to try it out and wanted to post my thoughts and see if anyone else has tried it out.

I used it on a trip to SE AK this year (pics below) and it was pretty slick (especially at only $85). Firstly, it attaches to whatever phone case you already have and secondly, it’s only 1.8 oz all up (I’m a lightweight nerd)

It auto aligns too, which is super nice and easy to use. I had a Magview for a while and hated having to adjust it or slowly getting it on just right.
I keep the scope ring in my bino harness pocket or pack waist belt and just pull it out when I need it. This lets me keep my case on my spotter and still have the caps that fit it.
Haven’t seen any posts on this so hit me up with questions!

IMG_0791.jpeg
IMG_1076.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg

I’m curious why this product doesn’t have more hype.. It looks like the perfect mix between the ollin and the magview.. I tried the magview and sent it back due to my eye relief preference on my binos and I don’t like the idea of having anything on my optic at all times. As for ollin, I don’t like the idea of the ollin needing a separate case.. I just placed an order on this Onglass.

taskswap

WKR
At first I was disappointed because I was really looking forward to a canine camera mount. But this is still pretty cool and I'm glad I came :)

atmat

WKR
Anyone else have any updates on this product?

Edit: I will order and try it out. I’ve also shot the owner an email to ask him to come speak up.

Last edited:

svivian

WKR
Sounds like hes just a college kid who decided to make a business of his college project. Good on him and happy to support a business like that. I am kicking myself for not adding this to my order though....

TxLite

WKR
This looks like exactly what I’ve been looking for. Is it pretty easy to pop on/off the eye piece? Ideally I’d keep it in a pocket on my bino harness and put it on when I get the tripod situated

atmat

WKR
This looks like exactly what I’ve been looking for. Is it pretty easy to pop on/off the eye piece? Ideally I’d keep it in a pocket on my bino harness and put it on when I get the tripod situated
I can let you know when I receive mine. I plan to write a review after deer gun season.

OP
C

cronsman

WKR
To answer a few questions -
@rustneversleeps - As long as you mount it correct, it lines up perfect everytime

@TxLite - it’s very easy to pop the eye piece on and off. It’s more snug than the cover caps some spotters come with but nothing that doesn’t want to come off. It’s honestly just right for my Kowa. It also comes with a rubber band you can add to make it more secure. Pretty ingenious. And for what you are looking to do it would be perfect.

I’ve talked to him a bit too. Everything made in Idaho (a lot 3D printed right there at his house) and he’s not really just a “college kid” lol - that “college kid” is a former Special Operator and is now pursuing a full time engineering degree and running this business on the side. Haha talk about hustle.

atmat

WKR
I’ve talked to him a bit too. Everything made in Idaho (a lot 3D printed right there at his house) and he’s not really just a “college kid” lol - that “college kid” is a former Special Operator and is now pursuing a full time engineering degree and running this business on the side. Haha talk about hustle.
Totally agree. Sounds like the guy has more stick-to-it grit than most people I know. Happy to support a vet doing everything here locally.

I did try to convince him to become a Sponsor here (he peruses Rokslide but doesn’t advertise in line with the rules). That said, he’s a small business doing everything himself and I don’t know what the financial requirements are to the website.

TxLite

WKR
@TxLite - it’s very easy to pop the eye piece on and off. It’s more snug than the cover caps some spotters come with but nothing that doesn’t want to come off. It’s honestly just right for my Kowa. It also comes with a rubber band you can add to make it more secure. Pretty ingenious. And for what you are looking to do it would be perfect.

Thanks for the follow up. Got one on order. Wishing I had it on my pronghorn trip last month