OnxMaps Imagery

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else feel Onx is lacking in the imagery department? I think the google earth app is way better, and the Google Earth online website is phenomenal. 3D would also be nice.

Anyone know where Onx gets their imagery data?

I dont know the answer to your question but I agree. I do all of my E scouting on GE Pro and then save all of my Pins and then import them into ONx just for using as GPS / Land Boundaries. If not i wouldnt have to. GE Pro is very powerful though.

It would be nice if they had as detailed imagery.

BaseMap

Try BaseMap. We use high definition Google imagery. Far superior than the imagery onX is using right now. And we also have 3D for pro members that have an iOS device.

Slalomnorth

Lil-Rokslider
Yes it’s terrible. I tried base map and it has the awesome google earth imagery but you’re not able to save it offline I’m guessing because of copyright issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaseMap

Yes it’s terrible. I tried base map and it has the awesome google earth imagery but you’re not able to save it offline I’m guessing because of copyright issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there are various reasons why we are unable to use the Google imagery offline.

wapitibob

WKR
Anyone else feel Onx is lacking in the imagery department? I think the google earth app is way better, and the Google Earth online website is phenomenal. 3D would also be nice.

Anyone know where Onx gets their imagery data?

They used to use ESRI's imagery and Google Earth for the highest magnification layer but that doesn't appear to be the case now.

wapitibob

WKR
I dont know the answer to your question but I agree. I do all of my E scouting on GE Pro and then save all of my Pins and then import them into ONx just for using as GPS / Land Boundaries. If not i wouldnt have to. GE Pro is very powerful though.

It would be nice if they had as detailed imagery.

GE Pro is far and away the best e scouting tool for home and in camp.

Tons of different sources to obtain free high quality aerial imagery/orthomosaics that are at a higher quality than you get from Google Earth Pro or Bing maps If that’s what your looking for.

what makes Basemap and OnX such a great tool is how everything works together seamlessly. Nothing comes close to doing what they both can do for free that I’ve ever been able to find.

slick trick

Lil-Rokslider
yes they do i use it all the time-but it is kind of hard to locate- if you open up your google maps and click on user icon on the top right , then select offline maps..

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
I like (not love) OnX, but half the battle of not switching is reluctance to learn something new and not lose my points. Basemap - are you guys adding MGRS soon? OnX doesn’t seem to plan to