Optimus Terra Solo Cook Set.......

16Bore

WKR
...caught my eye today while looking at a Snow Peak 900.

What say ye?

optipic8016163.jpg

I have the Optimus Weekend HE which includes the stove and cook set and it is one of my favorite pieces of gear I own. It boils water quicker than a Jetboil and is lighter and compacts incredibly small.

unm1136

WKR
I like mine. It fits in the XTL lid of my EMR without a problem, reasonably light, boils quickly. Mine is the Crux Lite. The small stuffsack holds the stove, a lighter, and an box of matches. It really needs a few paper towels wadded up in the lid and the large stuff sack cinched tight to pass the jump test, but for the price I consider it a good buy. The smaller pan almost never gets used, but might be good for making oatmeal. I use the smaller pan as a lid to keep everything quite, and as a lid to speed boiling, but I have never put water or food in it in the two years I have had it. The weekender has a heat exchanger on the bottom, likely shortening boil times, but costs about 25%more. I may just buy the pot set with the heat exchanger for $25-30 dollars one of these days. Also really considering a wind shield.

pat