Ozarks Rally - any interest?

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I recently separated from the military. The family and I moved back to our home area in the Ozarks from the hunting/backpacking paradise of Colorado.

I was fortunate enough to have been associated with Roksliders there and would like to find some out here. While in CO, I was exposed to lots of gear and have accumulated a good amount. I can't help but think there are more guys like me out here that would be willing to get together, show off gear, swap stories and do a little hiking/backpacking.

I'll not presently suggest a date/time/location, but I do want to get an idea of what level of interest there is for a Rokslide Rally in the Ozarks. If we can gain some interest, we can talk about date/time/location then.

I live in SW Missouri, near Springfield. There are a myriad of places we could do this, even NW Arkansas or as far east as Eminence.

Please reply if you're even remotely interested.

I've got family in Ava and a little piece of land that butts up to the Mark Twain. I'm in if we can find a day that works.

I'd be interested. I live near Fort Smith AR(on the OK side of the border). My family has several lake houses at Lake of the Ozarks. I could possibly meet anywhere between here an there.

Idea: What about doing the rally in a tract of Mark Twain Nat'l forest during turkey season, so we can hunt, too?

Myself and dotman have actually talked about doing something up here in KC at some point. It would be nice to have people bring out all sorts of gear so others can check it out. One of the tough things about living in our areas is we really don't have stores that stock "mountain stuff". Even the new REI here in Overland Park only has marginal equipment.

I'm not far from a park that has trails and a lake where we could hang out and try stuff out. I might even be persuaded to bring out the PR-49. Plus, Cabela's is right around the corner so that is a good excuse to come in town too :D

Anyway, I will follow this thread and see what you guys put together for down there and for those that can't make it south, perhaps we can have one up here at some point too.

colonel00 - KC area isn't too far for a day trip! I'm in for that as well! I think we're gonna run with a rally down here, too. It'd be great if you could grab a buddy and come.

I dont know if I can talk a buddy into it. They are not the gear junkies that I am. Wouldnt bother me to drive to mizzou if its the right weekend though. I can be in springfield in 3 hours an kc in 5.

Sounds great, look forward talking to others in the Midwest for different ways and opportunities to enjoy and hut here.

Back