Ozzark trail wall tent.

EastMT

WKR
I was looking at one as a car camper for the family, interested also. Probably be a good idea to treat it with a good waterproofing compound to make sure it’s ok.

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
Yep - would be for car camping . Maybe once a year . I figure if 2-3 of us use it 4 years it’s plenty paid for .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titan_Bow

WKR
I wouldn’t do it for family camping. If they are like standard wall tents, they are a pain to put up compared to other tents. Having a good quality tent that is easy to setup by yourself is invaluable when family camping, especially if your kids are younger! I would look at a Turbo tent or an Oz tent,, or perhaps a big Kodiak spring bar. I’ve got a 10 man turbo tent. I bought it to replace an REI Basecamp 6, but ended up keeping the REi tent too! It’s actually nice to have the flexibility to put up the smaller tent if needed, but the 10 man turbo tent is like a cabin. I can put up either in just a few minutes, and both are quality tents that will hold up in gnarly weather. If you are family camping and the weather turns foul a more expensive bombproof tent pays for itself in one trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
I bought one 10x12 - without the stove jack. $230. Then I got a buddy heater for $75.

The reviews I saw say it is waterproof and stood up to some heavy winds. Comes with a floor. Helped me decide - wanted something for 4 guys for 3 or 4, 7-10 day trips.

It is HEAVY, the wheeled container leaves a little to be desired. The fabric is decent - not the old style heavy waxed canvas my father's tents had, it is about demin weight, seems to be coated on the inside.

Have not set it up yet, but will set it up, seal the seams inside and out as necessary (I don't know if it is taped), and spray that silicon stuff on the outside before I go to use it.

Jury is still out but it seems heavy duty from what I saw without taking it out and setting it up. I'll know more in a couple of months. Worst case, I have a backup tent - Browning Palisade.

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
I bought one 10x12 - without the stove jack. $230. Then I got a buddy heater for $75.

The reviews I saw say it is waterproof and stood up to some heavy winds. Comes with a floor. Helped me decide - wanted something for 4 guys for 3 or 4, 7-10 day trips.

It is HEAVY, the wheeled container leaves a little to be desired. The fabric is decent - not the old style heavy waxed canvas my father's tents had, it is about demin weight, seems to be coated on the inside.

Have not set it up yet, but will set it up, seal the seams inside and out as necessary (I don't know if it is taped), and spray that silicon stuff on the outside before I go to use it.

Jury is still out but it seems heavy duty from what I saw without taking it out and setting it up. I'll know more in a couple of months. Worst case, I have a backup tent - Browning Palisade.
If you set it up before you go let me know how it is ! Will this tent be big enough for 3-4 guys with a stove jack ?

MattJ

FNG
I bought one last year and have used it once since. It is actually pretty decent. We used a buddy heater and it retained the heat. I did have trouble getting the floor to sit flush with front of the tent and there was a gap of ground showing. Held up good in the Colorado mountain winds

MattJ

FNG
This is it set up but not stakes down tight.

Attachments

• 51947C47-E2C2-4BB8-B369-6242903591C8.jpeg
    51947C47-E2C2-4BB8-B369-6242903591C8.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 94
I have almost bought one of these on multiple occasions. If they made a 12x14 or even a 12x12, I would have pulled the trigger already.

WKR
Not sure if they are made in India, China, Mexico or Pakistan. But I am sure my davistent.com tent made in Denver has withstood some very strong storms for many years for me. Had mice chew holes once when it was stored in the barn. They repaired it while I waited on my way up the hill. Do they cost more, sure do. And they are sewn right here in America. I'd sell a rifle or two if I really needed a great wall tent, and then it would go to any of the several American tent makers.

If I am wrong about where the Ozark Trail is made, let me know. Pretty sure it is some 3rd world hell hole though.