P220

I had one of the first generation ones labeled by Browning probably 25-30 years ago. It was awesome and wish I never would have traded it. I am sure they have improved them even more over the years.

ATX762

Lil-Rokslider
Shot em in 45 acp, a lot. Accurate, reliable, got a certain amount of dignity to em that striker fired pistols don't...whats not to love? Also the single action is not a bad idea if you are in a situation needing to take a single hunting-type shot. Better trigger than a Glock for sure...if you have time to manually cock the hammer.

mmac

WKR
I love the Sigs and have a couple. However, I just went through this decision process so I will comment. I was wearing my welcome out at 3 local shops looking at what they had. I ended up with the Glock 20. Hard to beat the 15 shots for about the same weight , size and great reliability. It isn't as good looking and I don't shoot well enough to notice a difference. I did change the sites and may change the spring if I shoot the heavier loads. But so far very accurate.

That sig 220 hunter is really nice though.

OP
P
I already have a glock 29sf but nervous about the heavier loads from Underwood or buffalo bore in that small of a gun.
I love the Sigs and have a couple. However, I just went through this decision process so I will comment. I was wearing my welcome out at 3 local shops looking at what they had. I ended up with the Glock 20. Hard to beat the 15 shots for about the same weight , size and great reliability. It isn't as good looking and I don't shoot well enough to notice a difference. I did change the sites and may change the spring if I shoot the heavier loads. But so far very accurate.

That sig 220 hunter is really nice though.

mmac

WKR
I shot the 29 as well as the 20 before I got the 20. The 29 was manageable with the sig ammo, but didn't have the capacity. Without the capacity I would have gone with something like the 220 or a 1911. I don't know what the 29 would be like with the hot stuff.

hodgeman

WKR
Well thats the one I would get but now im kind of skeptical if I want to get one because of all the recalls with the sig brand.

The P220 is a well worn design that goes back to 1975... the current recall is on the P320, a brand new design that has some bugs.

I'd seriously doubt there's much worry with buying a P220.