Pack for Day Hunting

nobody

WKR
My advice is that a big bag can always be used for the stuff a smaller bag can be used for, but the inverse isn’t true. Get the idea of a “daypack” out of your head and buy him a pack that will work for overnighters and backpack hunts from a reputable company (stone glacier, kifaru, exo). Get him a 3-4k cubic inch pack from one of those companies and he can always tighten down the straps and tidy up the bag for day rips.

Buy him a SG Solo 3600, Kifaru 357 Mag, or an Exo K4 3600. He can do weekend trips and (if he packs well) could get as many as 4 ish days out of those bags, but they’ll also pack down and work for day trips. You’ll never regret having a little bit bigger pack, but you’ll eventually regret a little bit smaller pack.

EDIT: whatever size pack you’re thinking, add 1k-1500 cubic inches, then buy that pack.

Last edited:
@HuumanCreed

Thanks for the response. After I replied to you, I found this same content on YT.
Very good to know for a guy with just the Pop Up frame, but I also have a Sawtooth 45 on a Guide Light MT frame. Probably, the only applications in my case, would be to lend it to a buddy who doesn't own a pack, and really needs a bit more capacity than the PU 28 would afford. It might also make a good cold weather day pack for me, when I'm packing more layers.
Thanks again.