Peanut butter to jelly ratio

About 70:30 heavy on the PB for me. Strawberry preserves opposite the PB is my preference. Occasionally PB, banana and honey though.

Makes no difference to me. I'm not that anal so just lather them both on in whatever portions come out of the jar on the butter knife. But is HAS be on sour dough bread toasted.

Bunch of savages up in here. The only correct answer is 50/50 using strawberry preserves and extra crunchy pb. C’mon. You guys are better than this.

I would say 80/20 pb to jelly ratio. I use chunky PB and not too picky on the jelly. I cannot use cheap white bread. It tears to easy and doesnt stand up to the massive amounts of PB I use.

I put PB on both pieces of bread if the sandwich isnt being eaten immediately. The oils in the PB act as a barrier to prevent the jelly from saturating the bread.

70/30 w/ almond butter and strawberry preserves. Anything greater than 40% jelly you run the risk of the jelly falling out.

Spread the jelly first, easily rinse the knife under running water without scrubbing, then spread the nut butter. Now you don't have to worry about cross contamination or cleaning extra utensils.

70/30 w/ almond butter and strawberry preserves. Anything greater than 40% jelly you run the risk of the jelly falling out.

Spread the jelly first, easily rinse the knife under running water without scrubbing, then spread the nut butter. Now you don't have to worry about cross contamination or cleaning extra utensils.

I do the PB first, then wipe the knife on the bread to clean. I do the PB first in order to prevent the jelly from molding inside the PB. PB wouldnt mold inside the jelly when it is in the fridge.

70% PB/30% J

Skippy Creamy Natural PB, Crofters Fruit Spread (stuff is awesome)

Lots of peanut butter.... A PB&J should be trying to choke you to death.

Truth is a real man rolls his peanut butter in a sourdough pancake with some raw onions (Dick Proenneke "stick of dynamite.")

I would say 80/20 pb to jelly ratio. I use chunky PB and not too picky on the jelly. I cannot use cheap white bread. It tears to easy and doesnt stand up to the massive amounts of PB I use.

I put PB on both pieces of bread if the sandwich isnt being eaten immediately. The oils in the PB act as a barrier to prevent the jelly from saturating the bread.

Mind: Blown. Could not have written a better summary of The Best of the Best PBJ. My wife's family from Iron River UP would be proud.

This is the concours d'elegance of PBJ.

If I may gentlemen and and ladies participating: the OP requests "ratio". May we now move into ounces of the ratio per square inch of bread substrate? One of the biggest childhood abuses I took was a paper thin smearing of creamy Jiff on bread, then like a teaspoon of jelly on that. I'm going to have to do some measuring on certified scales to see where I am in this. Right now it's just "a lot" and not "too much" where it starts running off the edges. However, it's OK if the peanut butter smears on the inside of the sandwich bag. Not doing that would indicate not enough peanut butter. I digress.

I find that a quality white bread is essential to a great PB & J. Wheat and multi grain have their place but not with peanut butter unless I am desperate. Jif is the only brand to buy. Skippy and god forbid Peter Pan are a distant second.

Justin’s makes a honey peanut butter that’s been my go to for a while now. English muffin toasted a little extra, tiny bit of butter, and then as much Justin’s as it will hold 😎

This thread is the epitome of the backcountry hunting community. This horse has been beaten and skinned 100 different ways. Gotta love it.

Any newbies asking the “what boots” question should be deferred to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back