Peax Equipment?

AKplumber

FNG
So out of all the outdoor companies, peax has the best customer service I’ve seen . Broke a pole in some soft snow bear hunting a week ago, I already have a replacement set in my hands. No questions asked , sent on priority to Alaska. They have a customer for life from me. Many companies have made excuses and refused to do anything. Say what you want but I’m all in.

So out of all the outdoor companies, peax has the best customer service I’ve seen . Broke a pole in some soft snow bear hunting a week ago, I already have a replacement set in my hands. No questions asked , sent on priority to Alaska. They have a customer for life from me. Many companies have made excuses and refused to do anything. Say what you want but I’m all in.
Glad to hear they have good CS.
I’ve had the s&s trekking poles for like 5 years my first year one of the inside tensioning parts broke they sent me a brand new section free. I stopped by their shop on my way back from hunting in Idaho last year and in conversation asked if there was a video showing how to reinstall the wrist strap. The guy said no and asked me to bring it in from my truck. Apparently my point was broke and he just gave me a new top section of pole. S&S archery/ Exo who also always sends free part are shining examples of excellent customer service.

bsnedeker

WKR
Sounds like you are short sided, I don’t get it. What did he do ? I’m not a fanboy of brian but I don’t hate him either
I can't speak for the other dude, but he epitomizes everything that is wrong with the hunting industry and the group of influencers shilling for it. His hunting "films" are simply commercials for whomever is giving him the most money at that specific moment.

Also, based on the couple of years of his podcast I listened to when he was still buddies with Snyder I feel I can say with a great deal of confidence that no one should ever take his advice on pretty much anything.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

CAM_D

FNG
https://www.importyeti.com/company/peax-equipment

May need an account to access. Though an account is free. Shows their [China] imports at a high level. I'm sure there are other sites to get the same data from, but I don't know any specifically off the top of my head.
Never knew this type of information was out there. You can see where they're getting their tent accessories, then that supplier has a list of their customers also buying tents and parts from them.

twall13

WKR
Glad to hear they have good CS.
I’ve had the s&s trekking poles for like 5 years my first year one of the inside tensioning parts broke they sent me a brand new section free. I stopped by their shop on my way back from hunting in Idaho last year and in conversation asked if there was a video showing how to reinstall the wrist strap. The guy said no and asked me to bring it in from my truck. Apparently my point was broke and he just gave me a new top section of pole. S&S archery/ Exo who also always sends free part are shining examples of excellent customer service.
I had a near identical experience with S & S and their trekking poles. Replaced the top section when my strap came out, replaced a bottom section that wouldn't tighten (I'm pretty sure that one was my fault). I was actually asking them about purchasing a new section and they shipped it out for free.

I was very happy with those poles until they pulled out of my pack and were lost bushwhacking through some thick stuff on an Elk hunt 2 years ago. Pro tip, put the wrist straps in the pocket so the tips are up and there's nothing for branches to grab onto. Lesson learned. Anyway, I had great customer service from S & S. Glad to hear Peax is similar in that regard.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

TheTone

WKR
I can't speak for the other dude, but he epitomizes everything that is wrong with the hunting industry and the group of influencers shilling for it. His hunting "films" are simply commercials for whomever is giving him the most money at that specific moment.

Also, based on the couple of years of his podcast I listened to when he was still buddies with Snyder I feel I can say with a great deal of confidence that no one should ever take his advice on pretty much anything.

And convicted poacher

Sounds like you are short sided, I don’t get it. What did he do ? I’m not a fanboy of brian but I don’t hate him either
bsnedeker summed it up pretty well. He’s the worst of the worst of the “insta” hunters. Plus I find his personality and persona to be off putting. There is absolutely nothing “gritty” about that guy

AKplumber

FNG
Haha goddamn I’ll have to do some research . I don’t have any social media but I do watch some YouTube stuff .I’m definitely not a peax equipment plant on the internet I’m a plumber and I’ve never got a single thing free.

Last edited:

AKplumber

FNG

I did some digging and I can’t find anything on him getting caught poaching but I’m definitely new to this forum thing. living in Alaska my whole life I’m not in the loop on alot of the hunting drama. I read something about his podcast with guys who did get caught doing some stuff. anyone got a link for me to read?

Last edited:
I did some digging and I can’t find anything on Brian getting caught poaching but I’m definitely new to this forum thing. living in Alaska my whole life I’m not in the loop on alot of the hunting drama. I read something about his podcast with guys who did get caught doing some stuff. anyone got a link for me to read?

If in the market for real good trekking poles might want to look @ the Drakons . Got mine off AMZN . Like 100 bucks plus tax ............. Use to own the CamoFire used them a season and sold them . I do own a set of Peax BackCountry Elite's , imo they have been excellent poles . Not a Gritty fan boy though .

Sofirn headlamp for me along with a Defiant brand one batt pwred from HD owned it over 12 years probably will outlive me '

SMOKYMTN

WKR
Sorry to bring up this old thread but I noticed that since the last post here, Mindful Hunter did a very thorough side by side comparison of the Peax and Sofrin, using everything from a luxe meter to an IR therm. The Peax was superior in every category. I think it's okay to admit that they copied the design while also upgrading every component of the headlamp. Does that justify the cost? Well that's up to you to decide.

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
yeah i bought both the Peax and Soffrin headlight and they're similar and one costs more is true. But every aspect of quality about the Peax is better. $60 better is up to you. I like how it the Peax can lock, it's a tad brighter , more robust and easier to use and they thru in a spare battery when i bought them. Of all the shops in BZN i went to over xmas, Peax was one of few who had guys in there who use the gear and know what they want - or don't want - out of equipment and are helpful. Most other shops are like Walmart. They walked me thru their process of why they design things the way they do and it's purpose - the new sleeping bag for example is well thought out but, like other premium brands, expensive. Kudo's to small businesses that put out good stuff.

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
Peax gaiters look like OR gaiters. Just different colors. Both seem well made.
Sorry to revive an old thread. But, I’m curious about the PEAX gaiter compared to Outdoor Research (OR). What’s actually is the difference? Looks nearly identical. I’ve had the OR Crocodile Gaiters for many years for things like snow shoeing, early spring hiking/backpacking, and use them on plenty of hunts when the weather and conditions call for mid- to high-calf height gaiter. They’ve been great, but I wonder why all the buzz in the peax version….

gethuntin

WKR

Yes in the beginning you could tell the guy had no clue and Snyder was his mentor. But to his credit he is a fast learner.