Phone for backcountry use

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the market for a new phone and wondering what everyone is running. Been using Motorolas for the past few years with success. I am an Android guy, but would be willing to try the Iphone.

Asking this here because a lot of us use our phones to run map software (onX, GoHunt, etc) while miles deep, in the cold, rain, etc.

I could care less about streaming videos or gaming. I want something that has good battery life, lightweight, water resistant/waterproof, can function below freezing without lagging out, and most of all, reliable. A decent camera is a plus too.

BBob

WKR
I’d think any of the larger full sized phones with the bigger batteries will do well. My iPhone 14 Pro Max does way better than the smaller phones I used to use. The more efficient processors and software probably help too so that may be a factor.

def90

WKR
I use Motorola droids because they usually have some of the best antenna ratings.

If you aren't already married to the Apple platform I don't see any advantage to switching in to it.

Brooks

WKR
I have an iPhone 13 Pro for I think 2 or 3 years now and it is a great phone. For using maps deep in the mountains you need to download the area you plan to hunt/be in at home where you have internet service, then you will have all the map and info you need just like you had internet when you get in the mountains or anyplace without internet.