Pic rail to small on Ruger RPR

Je942010

FNG
I was setting up my Ruger RPR and I’m using a Vortex CM-534 cantilever mount, I cannot get the mount to tighten completely on the rail. The screws tighten until the wings bottom out and the mount can still move. I tried it on another section of pic rail that I have and it works like every other mount, only rail I’m having an issue with is on this Ruger. Are they using a different pitch or is this possible just bad machining out of the box from the factory?

OP
J

Je942010

FNG
If anyone else runs into this situation I figured out what the issue is. Ruger doesn’t manufacture their pic rail to mil spec and the cantilever mount cannot tighten enough to get a full purchase on the taper. Vortex has dealt with this issue before and was aware of it when I called and swapped out the precision cantilever mount for a set of their match rings which they said has been the fix for anyone that has had this issue. When I contacted Ruger they were helpful as well and offered to replace the rail. Hopefully this helps anyone else that has an issue mounting to an RPR