pic request - paradox bag to frame attachment

chopchop

FNG
Hi folks-

I've been looking around for pic's but no luck so far... could somebody with a Paradox evolution pack post up a couple of pictures of the frame side of the packbag and/or the attachment points onto the frame?

Thanks!

Ray

WKR
Keep in mind that the bag is designed so that you can put a heavy meat load between the frame and the bag, but not allow the meat load to go all the way down to the bottom of the frame. The lower attachment points keep the bag tight to the frame, which allows for the meat load to stay higher on your back helping with the balance.

Keep in mind that the bag is designed so that you can put a heavy meat load between the frame and the bag, but not allow the meat load to go all the way down to the bottom of the frame. The lower attachment points keep the bag tight to the frame, which allows for the meat load to stay higher on your back helping with the balance.

Good point.
It's a very versatile pack. I haven't actually used it in load shelf mode yet because there is plenty of room in the 6300. Load shelf would be nice if you want to run a smaller bag and still be able to haul a load of meat.

OP
C

chopchop

FNG
For anybody interested, I found a video where rockchucker does his paradox system overview. At about 2:35 he explains the attachment of the bag to the frame. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrHANXcJ5rs

So many great frame designs out right now. I generally prefer 3 piece belts with a lumbar pad, but I have to admit I'm intrigued with this one.

Last edited:
I have the Paradox and Stone Glacier, both with the one-piece belts. For me, they are head and shoulders more comfortable than a lumbar pad.

The belt and how it attaches to the frame is essentially what sold me on the paradox. The frame is attached to the lower edge of the belt at 2 points which are pretty far apart (kind of straddling the lumbar region). It seems to really spread the weight out from one iliac crest to the other rather than having a ton of pressure on the lumbar. I was skeptical when I first tried it on but now that I have some miles and heavy loads behind me, I see no need for a lumbar pad (for me anyhow). I've never tried a Kifaru. Perhaps their 3 piece design works just as well or better for some.

KHNC

WKR
I bought the Unaweep. Bag is not detachable,however , it feels good loaded up to 80lbs. I hope to be packing a deer out with it this week. The 4800 seems plenty big and I added one the base talons with bladder pouch.

I bought the Unaweep. Bag is not detachable,however , it feels good loaded up to 80lbs. I hope to be packing a deer out with it this week. The 4800 seems plenty big and I added one the base talons with bladder pouch.
Good luck. Would be curious to hear your thoughts on the pack if u get a deer.