Powerstop Z36

willidru

WKR
Anyone using powerstop Z36 brake kit on their trucks? I’m about to need to replace my front brakes and wanted to see if anyone had the Z36 on their trucks the reviews seem great, just wanted to see if anyone had thoughts if they were worth the $$

83cj-7

WKR
I put them on my brand new F350 because the factory pads sucked. They made a huge difference. Be sure to go through their break-in procedure.

Are there even any good ones made in the U.S. ?

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah not sure lol. I am looking but not finding much. I believe the other comment is correct that Rotors that are drilled and slotted can be done in the US, but the blanks are coming from China.

Rob5589

WKR
Used them on my past Silverado. Great brakes, work very well when hot. Made a noticeable improvement when flat towing my Jeep. One downside is they perform better after building up a little heat so don't go crazy when they're cold.

Put them on the rear of my old tundra. They were fantastic in general. Significant improvement towing and downhill. Doing the fronts next week.

OP
willidru

willidru

WKR
I think I’m going to give them a try see how they perform in comparison to the OEM brakes.

bbrown

WKR
They were a dramatic improvement over the OEM on ‘12 tundra - warped 2 sets of factory rotors before that. I did just replace the pads after over 3.5 years but money well spent in my experience.

nrh6.7

WKR
Are there even any good ones made in the U.S. ?

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Check out PFC Brakes. They are made in the USA and are supposed to be incredible pads. I have a set of front and rear pads waiting to go on my pickup, but they are expensive.

Doghed

WKR
They were a dramatic improvement over the OEM on ‘12 tundra - warped 2 sets of factory rotors before that. I did just replace the pads after over 3.5 years but money well spent in my experience.
This is my experience as well.

I just put them on my 2013 Tacoma. Calipers, rotors, and pads. I had been using the rotors and pads for a few years when the factory rotors warped. When I needed to replace one of my calipers I just bought the whole system from 4WP.

Doghed

WKR
What’s the benefit of the added calipers
In my case I had a stuck piston on the driver side caliper. The caliper can be rebuilt but the issue caused the outside pad to drag and before I realized it the rotor was ruined. I didn't have time to wait for my mechanic to rebuild the caliper so I decided to rebuild the entire system with new aftermarket equipment and at the same time did a brake fluid flush. Worked out great. Before that I was running Powerstop rotors and pads with the factory calipers.