Preferred Primer for Blackhorn 209

I use Fed209As. Hodgdon recommends CCI209M and Fed209A. But most full strength or mag 209s should work.

Just don’t use the reduced power “muzzy” primers like Win 777 primers.

Large rifle Magnum primers with an upgraded breech plug if you're running a scoped/long range setup.

Cheddites and Walmart pellets if you're running and gunning with a 100 yard setup.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I get the best accuracy with regular CCI 209's. I tried the magnums but couldn't seem to get the right load with those. The regulars seem to work much better no matter what loads I use.

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
CCI standard 209's. Have some Remington STS I picked up during the primer shortage but haven't worked up any loads with those, and probably won't given the current price of BH209.

rlp10ml

FNG
When Blackhorn first came out I tried it out with the standard Winchester 209 primers out of a T/C Omega that I had. Worked great, no issues BUT the temp was in the 50's. Forward to Deer season here in Western New York and the temp was in the teens with wind chills below 0. That's when the standard 209 primer (FOR ME) was an issue. a couple of times they would not ignite the Blackhorn. I then switched over to Fed. 209A Mag Primers and there was never an issue again in any temp. Sold that gun to a buddy 15 years ago and to this day he shoots the same load and Fed. 209A primers and zero issues.