Procrastinators???

cday34

FNG
No waiting here when it comes to getting the apps done! I always worry I will screw something up and don't want to be messing with that last minute.

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
Oh it got me and my buddy. We were both able to get our small game license, then did our group application for deer. Then we got locked out on sheep, moose, goat hunts and points for elk, antelope, and bear.

Talked to a customer service rep at 8:02 after waiting on hold for a while. His response was, “It is a hard deadline and after that point there is nothing that can be done, you should have applied earlier.”

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's my fault for waiting, but it's normally maybe 5 minutes to do. I kept getting errors when I'd submit my payment, then got a 500 internal server error.....
I got those same errors when I applied over a week ago. I got two of my daughter's apps in, and then it gave those errors every time I'd submit for payment for mine and my youngest daughter's. It doesn't save what you put in the cart either, so every time I'd come back and try again, I'd have to start over. But they finally went through after a few days of trying. That's why I don't wait until the last day.

But in general........ya, I work better under pressure.......especially the closer it gets to the deadline. I had someone give me a plaque for my desk some years ago that said "Well of course I can.......the question is will I."

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
For things I don't really want to do, I always work better at the last minute. However, my apps are usually in within a day or two of the application period opening as I don'y want to miss it.

Titan_Bow

WKR
My buddy had the same thing happen, it sucks, but apps are open for what, a month or so before the deadline? I did most of mine last week, but logged early yesterday to do antelope and deer because I hadn't made up my mind on where I wanted to hunt yet. Yesterday morning had no issues. My buddy called me at like 7:35pm last night, and when I tried to log in just to see, I got that same little progress bar thing like you get on leftover draw. Must have been a lot of procrastinators out there!

Braaap

WKR
I kept getting different error messages all the way until the deadline. However I checked my credit card and email and I was charged and I have an emailed receipt. Maybe check those and see if it worked?

OP
Billy Goat
I kept getting different error messages all the way until the deadline. However I checked my credit card and email and I was charged and I have an emailed receipt. Maybe check those and see if it worked?

I was thinking about that, I'll check.

I have called in several times this morning to CS desk, everytime it's 29-35 people ahead on me and after 5-10 mins I hang up to call back later.

OP
Billy Goat
Update:

I was finally able to talk to someone in CS and they sent me an email to send my screenshots to. They don't know what they are going to do yet, but they know there was a pretty big issue with it.

Probably find something out tomorrow, but if anyone else had issues I'd recommend waiting the 45 minutes on hold to speak with someone about it.

When I submitted payment yesterday for my deer, elk and antelope points, the screen went to an error screen. When I went back though, it showed I had applied for the points for those 3 species and obviously wouldn't let me do it again. So I think it went through. I saved the screenshots just in case.

bounds

WKR
I had the same error message after getting everything entered and trying to submit payment. I talked to fish and game a little bit ago and with all the issues they’re reopening applications from 2pm this afternoon thru Friday. I didn’t catch what time it will close Friday but it should have just reopened about 20 minutes ago.

I texted them last night and called today. The call went very well and it was evident they new they had a system failure. The lady i talked to was very helpful. I.m very happy they opened it back up. Apps are in and paid for now.
FYI - the actually texted me back this morning to gather information.

BigDog00

WKR
I'm very thankful for their IT short comings. I promptly got my application in when I saw they extended the deadline. I generally get everything in about a week before the deadline, but I guess this year life got in the way. I will be chalking this up as a good learning experience.