Pucker factor

BBob

WKR
I had never heard of pucker factor before this morning.
General feel is he is a stand up guy to do business with?

He is/was a Defiance dealer. Defiance sent me to him when I was looking for something specific in stock somewhere. I’ll add Defiance seemed to know him well and recommended him with another I do know fairly well in my search.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
They will do anything steel. No springs.
The bolt shroud is aluminum.
$125 is what he has posted. I doubt that includes shipping.
Does not include shipping. They wait to accumulate 8 actions for a batch. Batches go in every 2 weeks or so.
$125 You send him a stripped action. Action body, bolt, external bolt release and shroud (steel only) are included. A pic rail (steel only) is included in that price as well.
$125 + $25 For an assembled action. They strip and re-assemble.
$50 bolt only.

Last edited:
Does not include shipping.

Does not include shipping. They wait to accumulate 8 actions for a batch. Batches go in every 2 weeks or so.
$125 You send him a stripped action. Action body, bolt, external bolt release and shroud (steel only) are included. A pic rail (steel only) is included in that price as well.
$125 + $25 For an assembled action. They strip and re-assemble.
$50 bolt only.
Nice
Thanks

Did you talk to him?
I haven't had time to call.

Wonder if he could also blast it for me so its matte.

Better late than never - Brian at "Pucker Factor" yes the name can be somewhat off-putting, But Brian is an outstanding gunsmith and built me an amazing 6.5 PRC with Defiance Action, 20 "Proof carbon barrel in a XLR Folding Element 4.0 MG chassis. He added one his custom Titanium brakes. His craftsmanship is outstanding, he always returns calls promptly and hit all time frames. He also diagnosed my optic was not holding zero, he saved me a boat load of time and ammo. The rifle is a tack driver out to 500, I don't shoot beyond that distance. The rifle as taken elk, deer and pigs. Can't recommend him enough.

Attachments

• rifle 2.jpg
    rifle 2.jpg
    633 KB · Views: 29
  • rifle one.jpg
    rifle one.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 29

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
I have and it went great. I called him while on a road trip and he asked if he could call back on Monday afternoon.

He did just that, I bought an action and it was in the mail the next day.

Tbone26

FNG
Better late than never - Brian at "Pucker Factor" yes the name can be somewhat off-putting, But Brian is an outstanding gunsmith and built me an amazing 6.5 PRC with Defiance Action, 20 "Proof carbon barrel in a XLR Folding Element 4.0 MG chassis. He added one his custom Titanium brakes. His craftsmanship is outstanding, he always returns calls promptly and hit all time frames. He also diagnosed my optic was not holding zero, he saved me a boat load of time and ammo. The rifle is a tack driver out to 500, I don't shoot beyond that distance. The rifle as taken elk, deer and pigs. Can't recommend him enough.
Not trying to derail, do you mind me asking what optic was failing to hold zero? Was it the pictured Razor?

shedhunt

FNG
Yes!! Brian at Pucker Factor is an outstanding person and gunsmith. This past year, he built a rifle for my buddy, my buddies son and I, as well as this year, is finishing up a build for a coworker.

I'd highly recommend reaching out to him, he is very easy to talk to and helpful.