Punching the release, but no target panic?

wapitibob

WKR
I have honestly never understood the appeal of a surprise release when in a hunting situation.

As Dee Wilde put it one time "we know about when it's going to go off, we just don't care". Type B again..
The problem for many is timing and shifting focus. When timing is right your focus goes to the target and the release fires. Pretty much a surprise. When the timing is off and the release doesn't fire, focus will almost always come back to the bow and release hand. At that point your head will get in the way if you're a type A and you're done.

Funny but absolutely true.

cj also makes a good point. Huge difference between hunting and target archery accuracy demands.

Surprise release has nothing to do with "target accuracy ". It has everything to do with preventing drive by shooting at the moment it counts most. "Hell, he was standing 15 yards and I shot 2 feet over his back". "What happened?" "I don't remember!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Slim Jim

WKR
Everyone's thought process before the shot breaks is different. I'd make sure that you have a tight draw with your finger laying on the trigger after on target. I begin to draw even tighter with my back while my finger begins to get heavier as I do this and the shot will break with follow through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
I like to punch the trigger versus squeezing it. It's more accurate that way for me. I don't waste my time with a level. I usually take that crap off of my sights, if possible.

The bottom line is: when my pin gets on target, I pull the trigger.