QAD Improperly Functioning

jaketd22

FNG
Hello, I have a QAD HDX and I've had problems with my fletchings contacting the rest. I thought it was a timing issue, or the rest not in line with the D loop, but after hours of tinkering I don't think this is the issue. Here is my question, when I pull on the timing cord till the rest is straight up, and then release the cord, the rest only drops about half of the time. Is this normal, or is there mechanisms in the rest that are damaged or working improperly? Thank you.

MattB

WKR
I’ve had a couple of friends have hunts ruined by malfunctioning QAD rests. You’d be hard pressed to get me to consider one when more reliable options exist.

nphunter

WKR
It isn’t suppose to drop when you let go, it’s designed to stay up when you let down and only go down when you shoot. If you pull tight and yank your hand off the end putting tension in it then it should drop. If you just hold it and let go normally they don’t.

Not saying you don’t have a defective rest, but any time I’ve had fletching contact with a QAD it was from timing issues. I personally tie to the cable, bottom of grip and loosen up the Allen in the flipper handle so I can barely pull the cord through, draw back the bow a couple times and then I pull 1/8” of cord back through the handle to put a little extra tension on the cord and never have had issues.

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
After a few thousand shots I had a QAD do the same thing, it would only drop sometimes. Lost a few arrows before I figured it out.

Beendare

WKR
QAD has a great warranty…and a very good customer service team- call them.

I had one for many years with I dunno how many shots through- tens of thousands—-they sent me a new rest no questions asked.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Ya, I can't imagine the fletching smacking the launcher on every shot being good for the internals of the rest. I am very anal about the timing on mine. I reset the timing as nphunter outlines above, every single time I make a change to the bow whether tuning or otherwise. My current QAD HDX is going on year 11 now with 10's of 1000's of shots with it.

I never tie them in. I just insert in cable at the bottom of serving, some wax on the cord. Draw and it will set itself. Knot on the end so it can't pull all the way through. If the cord gets caught on something and tugs, pull cord back, draw, and it's set.

I have no idea how many shots I have on qad's, piles. Probably minimum of 30k but haven't all been on the same rest. Only time I wouldn't use them is hunting cold temps, like mid teens and lower. I generally am not out bowhunting in that stuff. If I was I'd consider a different hunting rest.

I have never had any issues with my QAD and tie mine into the cable just because It limits a clamp and set screw and to me a possible failure point. I've hunted in extremely cold temps living in Idaho as well. I'd contact QAD customer service and send it in for a good spa day or possible replacement.