Quality Aftermarket strings ?

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
Ive had my factory strings on my RX-1 ultra for two years now and they are starting to wear a little. Not terrible but thinking of putting some fresh ones on. Any recommendations for a quality aftermarket string?

Hoyt Rx 1
29 inch draw
Easton Axis 300

Tagging onto this because I am having trouble finding an aftermarket string for my bow as well. I’ve already replaced it once with what come from prime and it just doesn’t seem to be a quality string. Serving keeps coming apart at the yokes. Anyone have experience with replacing Prime strings?

Prime logic 2018
30.5 inch draw
Easton bloodline 330

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Twisted X
GAS
Threadz
Freedom Strings

Personally I would go with Twisted X. Their work is amazing.

MTSabo

WKR
Twisted x for me. The guy that runs/owns the shop is a wealth of information if you have questions.

horse43

FNG
Lots of great builders.

Catfish, JBK, and Buckslayer are all recommended and I've used.

Brendan

WKR
My question is regarding string material, which holds better 452x or BCY 99x?

Actually wondering the same thing. There's a new version of 452X called 454X. Supposedly the same except uses SK99 Dyneema instead of SK75

Think I'm leaning towards X99

Good post from AT:

fletched;1109132461 said:
452x is SK75 dyneema and is blended with vectran. It is a 66% dyneema and 33% vectran blend. 20-24 strands for a compound.

X99 is SK99 dyneema and is blended with vectran. It is a 83% dyneema and 17% vectran blend. 24-28 strands for a compound.

Since X99 is using a stronger dyneema, they can use a lower percentage of vectran and still retain it's no-creep qualities. X99 is slightly smaller in diameter as well and should make a better looking string. I have not used the X99 but would think it would be just as stable as 452x and have a little softer shot. It shouldn't fuzz as much as 452x either. If you take out the vectran out of the X99, then you have the mercury material. Mercury is Sk99 dyneema and I believe it would be very stable as well. The newer dyneema is very good. It is very stable and has a long life. It has great speed and a soft shot. Vectran is a heavier material and has no elasticity. It also is absorbent and will soak up the wax. It can become heavy do to a lot of waxing. But vectran doesn't stretch and creep. It is very stable. When 452x came out, the SK75 dyneema wasn't as strong as today's SK99 dyneema and needed the stability of the vectran added. I personally don't think it is necessary to blend vectran with today's stronger dyneema. I have had no issues with strings built out of today's dyneema.

OR Archer

WKR
Been using the Ghost XV from GAS. Its the new 454X. Its freaking solid. Definitely recommend it. Color options are small though.

Tagging onto this because I am having trouble finding an aftermarket string for my bow as well. I’ve already replaced it once with what come from prime and it just doesn’t seem to be a quality string. Serving keeps coming apart at the yokes. Anyone have experience with replacing Prime strings?

Prime logic 2018
30.5 inch draw
Easton bloodline 330

I’ve gone through two servings on my centergy hybrid First was a new set the bow came when I bought it used on AT with like first choice strings or something in PA they were garbage, put on GAS strings and the serving at the donut wore through the serving in less than 500 shots, not terribly impressed. They did send out a new yoke cable quickly though. I had the Ghost XV on my rx3 they were nice but I couldn’t get over how sloppy the servings looked. I have buckslayers on my CT5 and they are flawless I have well over a few thousand shots and still look good as new. While messing around with it in the press the cable came out of the track and I released the pressure cutting through the serving totally my fault he sent a new cable the next day free of charge. Customer for life