rangefinder for animals 600yrd +

Blaw

WKR
looking for best back for buck rangefinder for getting critters past 600 yrds....to be honest it would be nice if it ranged them at 1k

looking for the best price if there is one (I have one of vortex's original rangefinders....outdated)

WoodBow

WKR
I finally bought a leica and it is amazing. I think it was around $500. I have no regrets about that purchase. It has zero hesitation ranging to 1000+

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
The Maven also has great reviews and will reach out farther than you'll want to shoot.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It would be our pleasure to discuss different options and special opportunities with you if you have a few moments to give us a call, 516-217-1000

seand

Lil-Rokslider
My Leica 1200 was consistently great past 600. My sig 2400 was not. Recently gave my Leica to my dad and upgraded to the BR4.

You can probably pick up a used Leica pretty cheap.

axeforce6

WKR
I have a Maven RF.1. It will range everything you need it to. At the price point I doubt there is a better offering.

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
The BR4 is the only rangefinder I’ve ever used in my life that will range an antelope standing out in the open prairie in the middle of the day at a thousand yards plus. I really don’t think many if any others on the market can do that. At least rangefinders commonly used by hunters.

sndmn11

WKR
Maven has a CRF.1 that I believe will be available next week.
It would be my choice if I didn't need to range thousands of yards or want to pay for the ability.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I switched to range finding 8 power binoculars from Meopta recently. Easily glass and range animals at your desired yardages. I’ll never go back to separate range finder unless I end up bow hunting again (not likely).

t_carlson

WKR
My first RF was a Leica back in about 2004 or so. Gave me years of good use, but was limited in range. It started acting up, so I bought a Sig about 6 or 7 years ago when they first came out. I can't remember what model it is, but I really don't care for it.

One of these days, I'll probably replace it with another Leica.

I have Sig Sauer Kilo3000BDX (bino/rangefinder combo, purchased in 2020) and the Kilo5k (purchased this year for bow hunting). I also have Leica (2015 model), Leupold (2008 and 2018 model), and other off brand range finders. Hands down, zero question, no comparison the Sig Sauer(s) are the best rangefinders I have personally used (I compared with Swarovski, Zeiss, and Leica when looking for a rangefinder/bino combo). With the BDX, EASILY range animals to 3000 yards (max range on a critter was last weekend, mule deer at 3875 with a rest). With the 5k, max I have got was an elk at 2574, no rest (was sitting down). None of the other range finders I have ever come close to that performance. Binos are heavy, glass is really good (not quite as good as the big three, range finder is much better in my opinion).