Received the Vaccine today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Therein lies the premise of humanism.

I grew up in a fundamentalist home, middle school, high school, the works.
I had to stay 6" away from my wife-to-be until our wedding night. It was an awful way to exist. I've long since moved on from that legalistic way of life. It's not been easy to forgive those who beat the sh!t outta me and my friends as kids, our coach routinely beat our asses with 'big ben' a canoe paddle.

But it's really ironic and bears mentioning: Progressives have adopted the same way of thinking, they've simply replaced religious leaders with thier own governmental overlords. It an odd way they are all religions at this point, but one is morally bankrupt to the point of gleefully espousing late term or partial birth abortion. They can't wait to fund it!
People like Pelosi--good Catholics, lol--love the thought of women aborting babies. It gives them great joy.
But they also love the thought of the power that this Chinese-manufactured virus has allowed them to accrue.
It's all the poison of Marxim, which is no more than an atheist theocracy, complete with their own saints (Fauci), prophets (Al Gore) and martyrs (George Floyd). The American Marxist movement has just traded the socio-economic inequity of the proletariat and the bourgeoise of Soviet Russia with White Supremacists and everyone else. We thought we won when the Berlin Wall fell...how naive of us.

I've clearly stated that I pro choice. Thats on the person in the situation, not me. I'm simply pointing out how ridiculous religion is in this day and age and insane beliefs in christianity are on par with those of other crazy religions. "Daily show"??? I don't even know what that is, I just passed it off as a petty insult from you.
I take it you've read the Bible, the Torah, and the Koran to be able to make these types of statements. Or perhaps doctrine of other "crazy religions," as you call them. If not, you're just further displaying your hubris, having such strong opinions on subjects you're completely ignorant on.
I take it you "believe in science." But what does that really mean? Are you performing the experiments of all the science you believe yourself. Or are you reading the hard data on all the science and have the knowledge to be able to peer-review it? Or are you having faith that you're not being lied to and that you're really completely dogmatic in your belief of "science?" If not, you're just as "crazy" as the religious people you flippantly disparage, believing the words spoken by strangers, with no evidence as truth; you may as well call them prophecies. If you've read those doctrines and perform all those experiments, then I apologize.

MattB

WKR
I read something that said comparing the efficacy rates of J&J to the Moderna and Pfizer wasn’t an equivalent comparison, but I’ve already forgotten the details.
Yeah, the timing of the studies makes it an apples to oranges comparison. Early in the pandemic vs later and taking variants into account.

It is also important to understand what was studied, because I don't think a lot of folks do. While the US effectiveness against mild/moderate disease was lower (75% versus mid-90's) for the other two, there were 0 hospitalizations and deaths in the J&J clinical trial which I think is the outcome most are hoping to avoid.

Scottyboy

WKR
So my takeaway, those of us that had the “real deal” has symptoms less than those with the vaccine.. of course YMMV applies but yikes, I’d rather have covid again than strep throat....

So my takeaway, those of us that had the “real deal” has symptoms less than those with the vaccine.. of course YMMV applies but yikes, I’d rather have covid again than strep throat....
I dont know man. I have a buddy that still can't smell and taste a lot of things, he had it about 7 months ago,and another buddy who is really winded walking up a couple flights of stairs who got sick about 5 months ago.

MattB

WKR
Have you read of anyone that had a quadruple amputation due to taking the vaccine? Sample sizes of 1 bring about poor analysis.

And for those who love to quote the 99%+ survival rate, she is one of those.

fwafwow

WKR
Ymmv is right. I’d rather have strep or the flu for the same 3 weeks I had Covid.

Have you read of anyone that had a quadruple amputation due to taking the vaccine? Sample sizes of 1 bring about poor analysis.

And for those who love to quote the 99%+ survival rate, she is one of those.

Don’t get COVID. Because then you could end up in a hospital. Where you could then get something much much worse: sepsis.

Is that the anecdotal lesson here?

WRO

WKR
Most everyone in my group got covid including myself, I've had worse allergies..

It was a non event.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Please get your covid vaccine when you can. I have a few healthy friends who have been stuck with long term health problems after getting the virus. They were in their mid 30's with no underlying health conditions and are now "long haulers" needing oxygen 3 months later to walk a flight of stairs.
I know a lot of people who have tested positive for covid and none have been hit like that. Several described it as s mild flu, and the majority didnt even realize they had it. I would guess your friends are in the minority.

MattB

WKR
Don’t get COVID. Because then you could end up in a hospital. Where you could then get something much much worse: sepsis.

Is that the anecdotal lesson here?
COVID can cause sepsis - no hospital needed. Glad I could share that PSA with those who already know it all.

ODB

WKR
I know a lot of people who have tested positive for covid and none have been hit like that. Several described it as s mild flu, and the majority didnt even realize they had it. I would guess your friends are in the minority.

Everyone I know who has had it fared well...however, my wife has seen a major uptick on post-covid cases in the hospital getting scanned for clots. Since she's a cardiac MRI pro, she knows that this isn't normal, but an add-on due to covid. A 25-year-old, perfectly healthy guy with clots after covid? odd stuff.

The immense variability of this virus allows everyone to be right - which makes it very hard to have a clear understanding of it.

wtrbrdm

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I got the Covid for Christmas....light symptoms....got lucky. Young enough to not freak out over it ...old enough to keep it in my radar.

Post 3. One step closer to being a le to buy some thing from the classifieds....

Wapack

FNG
Everybody get the flu shot? Seems like it was wiped out of existence.

View attachment 279365
Might have something to do with mask wearing, social distancing, quarantining, copious amounts of hand sanitizing, and general health paranoia. I don’t think there’s a political correlation there. And this is not a political statement. God Im tired of that disclaimer.

Edit: Or it could all be a conspiracy, cooking the books etc

jlh42581

WKR
I know 4 people who had covid

Couple across the street both had it, he works in a prison. He ended up in the hospital but not on a vent, she said it was the worst cold she ever experienced in her life that lasted weeks.

A friend of mine had it, said he was scared to death, early 40s, over weight, needed steriod injections to kick it. Claims he will give up his good paying job rather than take the vaccine if mandatory by his employer. Ill believe it when I see it, with no education and no prospect of better work.

My mother had it, never even knew. Was tested due to her living situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.