Rests for hunting-

cdemarse

FNG
My last 2 bows have had QAD HDX's on them and I have yet found a reason to change or complaint about them.

Brendan

WKR
One thing I'll warm about for drop aways (like the QAD or ripcord) is that I have had them freeze on me in rain/snow. The moisture builds up side of them while locked in the up position and they dont drop.

Good point. My two hunting partners had this happen to them this year in MT - QAD and Ripcord... I was fine with my Hamskea. Fortunately they noticed it was happening and didn't have a failure shooting at an animal.

TXCO

WKR
Good point. My two hunting partners had this happen to them this year in MT - QAD and Ripcord... I was fine with my Hamskea. Fortunately they noticed it was happening and didn't have a failure shooting at an animal.

Yea I got lucky and noticed too and was able to warm it and arrow a deer. I really love the simplicity of a limb driven rest. The only knock is the arrows can bounce around a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't used as many set ups as alot of guys on this form BUT must say the NAP Apache rest Ive used for the past 5 years has been solid. I have shot thousands of arrows through it and taken it on a dozen or so hunts without ever having to adjust it at all. Still works well and I have never had an issue keeping an arrow contained.

It's interesting that the Hamskea might be better than the QAD in freezing rain.

One thing is for sure: a frozen whisker biscuit is the WORST.

KMT

WKR
Your bow isn't tuned or set up properly if your broad heads and field tips anrent shooting alike. Changing rests won't solve the issue.

That being said, I have two bows. One with a whisker biscuit and one with a drop away. I haven't had any problems with the drop away, but I see absolutely no difference in accuracy between the two.

TravKatQ

WKR
Sounds like you have a tuning issue that I would first hash out. I’ve tuned many bows with whisker biscuits and they have shot perfectly fine grouping broad heads with field points. I my self don’t like whisker biscuits because the arrow has full contact thru the whole shot and vanes have to pass thru the whiskers which I believe you’ll sacrifice some speed and accuracy, but again I’ve tuned many bows and have buddies that still shoot them and trust them. I shoot a trophy taker smack down pro micro tune and love the simplicity of it and is built very tough. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk