Rifle scopes you'd love to see Form test

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Khales k318 or k525.

I seem to recall following a great thread on another forum from Alex Wheeler with frozen scopes checking scope zero retentions/ wandering zero and the Khales scopes performing at the top. Sadly no longer able to find it, likely removed because it hurt too many scope manufactures feelings.

freddyG

WKR
Khales k318 or k525.

I seem to recall following a great thread on another forum from Alex Wheeler with frozen scopes checking scope zero retentions/ wandering zero and the Khales scopes performing at the top. Sadly no longer able to find it, likely removed because it hurt too many scope manufactures feelings.

Someone saved the results. It’s somewhere in the above thread.

See Bison Balistics link on 3rd page
Hmmm...Evaluation of POI change caused by magnification/zoom being changed.
But on a quick view (5 minutes for 38 pages) it looks like maybe some POI tests based on single shot groups and drawling conclusions based on 1/8" POI shifts. Suprised by kudos for Sightron. Data could use a more-extensive and detailed examination than this, and a summary.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
See Bison Balistics link on 3rd page
Hmmm...Evaluation of POI change caused by magnification/zoom being changed.
But on a quick view (5 minutes for 38 pages) it looks like maybe some POI tests based on single shot groups and drawling conclusions based on 1/8" POI shifts. Suprised by kudos for Sightron. Data could use a more-extensive and detailed examination than this, and a summary.
The interesting thing to me is the 1/8-1/2moa shift of zero under recoil make it look like your cone of fire accuracy is larger than it actually is. I wonder what if any correlation there is between scopes that pass the Form Drop test and scopes that have a shifty zero retention. It would be nice if there was modern availability of Frozen scopes to use for evaluations.

buckys

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to see both the Meopta Optika5 and Leupold VX5-HD tested (even if the outcome is expected to be poor).

amassi

WKR
I would like to see both the Meopta Optika5 and Leupold VX5-HD tested (even if the outcome is expected to be poor).

Meopta Optika6 3-18x50mm FFP Field Evaluation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckys

Lil-Rokslider
Meopta Optika6 3-18x50mm FFP Field Evaluation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks and I've read the Optika6 report. The Optika6 is a heavier scope than the Optika5 that I asked about, as well as having the obvious difference of only 5x vs. 6x magnification adjustment range.

JGRaider

WKR
Seems to me Form and the rest of you guys that "know what works" should gather up your money and start your own company. It should go gangbusters after reading this thread.

Flyjunky

WKR
Khales k318 or k525.

I’d like to see the Kahles tested as well.

someone on here has had a kahles or two bounce to pieces just riding in a jon boat. the picture of the turret falling off is a lot like what happened to the expensive zeiss Form dropped.

Would like to see an accupoint 1in and 30mm tested. Trijicon says the internals are exactly the same as the credo, but who’s to say for sure. Also the 30mm are allegedly more durable.

Would like to see an accupoint 1in and 30mm tested. Trijicon says the internals are exactly the same as the credo, but who’s to say for sure. Also the 30mm are allegedly more durable.
It's not allegedly stronger; all else being equal, strength increases with tube diameter.

It's not allegedly stronger; all else being equal, strength increases with tube diameter.
All else being equal is the key phrase. I’ve never cut one in two to confirm all else is indeed equal.

In addition idk if the scope tube body diameter translates at all to the durability of the internals via shock. Probably does in regards to larger erectors, not the scope body in itself, but I’m speculating until proven otherwise.

Last edited: