Training Rifle Glass

WyoKimber

FNG
I am building a .223 training rifle and the goal is to get is as close to my hunting rifle as possible while staying on a somewhat reasonable budget. My hunting setup has a trijicon credo hx 2.5-15 on it and I am looking to find something that will be similar enough without breaking the bank.

Currently I like the Vortex db tactical 4-12 and the Bushnell engage 4-16. The question is will these scopes function well enough that I can trust a miss is me and not a cheap(ish) scope? Anyone have any experience with either scope or any other sfp, moa scopes that dial and have a similar reticle to the credo in the same price range?

OP
WyoKimber

WyoKimber

FNG
Exposed turrets (mainly elevation since the credo windage is capped) is pretty important for me to practice with so I think the huron doesn't meet the criteria.

I picked up an Arken scope for my 6 arc build. I wasn't expecting too much, but was pleasantly surprised. Might be an option to look at. I thought the Arken was better glass than the Vortec DB tactical that I have. Looking at Arken website, they have a 4-16 at $200 might be worth a try...

ElPollo

WKR
These are great scopes for the price and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another.

BP
Second this. Reliable scopes in terms of zero and dialing, really good reticle. Also suggest the fixed 10x for a lower price point. If the 6x were readily available, it would be the pick of the litter for a training scope. Maybe you can find a used one. SWFA is the only budget scope that I would buy used. Anything else second hand is likely to be a dumpster fire.

Weldor

WKR
I found and use a old Bushnell banner 3x9x40 (japanese ) wideview with ballistic turret. This thing dials great and was cheap. They come with 3-4 turrets for caliber and 1 write in one. Great for shooting praire dogs and moderate range practice. I believe they made called a Scopechief also.