Rocky Mountain Hunting Calls?

muddydogs

WKR
I've been trying out a few diaphragm calls, just one or two in case the wife should happen to see this. I can really work the Rocky Mountain black dome calls like the Champ, purchased the 3 pack they sell but I'm having a problem with the cut in the top of the dome tearing up the roof of my mouth and pinching some skin in the dome cut as well. Anyone else have this problem? I don't think RM was thinking when they put that cut on top of the dome as its just perfect to catch on the rough texture at the top of the mouth.

I also have the RM gold metal dome calls which I do ok on and at least there not killing my mouth.

Simple solution. Try some different calls. There are a ton of very good diaphragms out there. My biggest issue with a number of diaphragms is blowing out the latex. The 2 I keep going back to are Phelps and Carlton's. I really like the Brown triple from Carlton's and the DragonSlayer by Phelps....

OP
M

muddydogs

WKR
I was really asking if anyone has the same issue with the RM black dome calls as I am messing around with a few different calls.