RokStok

kickemall

WKR
If it helps anybody on wait time I just got a shipping notification for two plain carbon RokStoks with scalloped forend w/pic rail. Order #830 placed on 12/21.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Free from single color which I consider the base price of the stock at $595

Spelled out pretty plainly right here
See above (Post #1,742). He considered single color cerakote as the "baseline", there was a deduct option to get bare carbon from the base price discussion. So to get the two color tear pattern from this thread you were supposed to (as I understood it), select single color price and in the notes state you wanted the tear pattern and supply the two colors you wanted to use in the tear pattern.

I'm still waiting to see a finished two color tear pattern on a completed stock, interested to see how it comes out vs the rendering.

Edit maybe that is what happened with @Alex Genereux, did you select the bare carbon price and then request the tear pattern? Or did you pay the single color price?

RMM

WKR
See above (Post #1,742). He considered single color cerakote as the "baseline", there was a deduct option to get bare carbon from the base price discussion. So to get the two color tear pattern from this thread you were supposed to (as I understood it), select single color price and in the notes state you wanted the tear pattern and supply the two colors you wanted to use in the tear pattern.

I'm still waiting to see a finished two color tear pattern on a completed stock, interested to see how it comes out vs the rendering.

Edit maybe that is what happened with @Alex Genereux, did you select the bare carbon price and then request the tear pattern? Or did you pay the single color price?
Ahhh my apologies, I see what you're referring to. Yeah, I'm pretty positive I paid the single color price and got the tear pattern.

I bought the single color said I wanted the fde tear pattern just like the picture. This was my email and the photo I attached. I think the pattern looks great! Even though not technically exactly like the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_2981.jpeg
    IMG_2981.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2419.png
    IMG_2419.png
    257.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2982.jpeg
    IMG_2982.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 87
OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
More showing up and more going out.

12c347a3a245c9a7c2d2adb281bef132.jpg

31644c547db886db18fbaee7640e8afe.jpg

2951ad38199021362da19271e8795910.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Matches my understanding. I selected the one color option for pricing and listed two colors with “branded tear pattern” in notes. They called me to discuss this week and didn’t seem to clearly interpret that instruction. I said “ya know, the branded tear pattern they showed an early example of on rokslide” and Mike said something to the effect of “oh yeah, the tear pattern, what do you want with the colors?”. I told him I don’t remember the colors, I’m not picky, do what seems good to you.

My takeaways are:
1-if you’re picky, probably want to over communicate or at least be more specific
2-I hope my tear pattern doesn’t show up with dildo shaped “tears”

Got shipping notice a day after they inquired about cerakote.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Matches my understanding. I selected the one color option for pricing and listed two colors with “branded tear pattern” in notes. They called me to discuss this week and didn’t seem to clearly interpret that instruction. I said “ya know, the branded tear pattern they showed an early example of on rokslide” and Mike said something to the effect of “oh yeah, the tear pattern, what do you want with the colors?”. I told him I don’t remember the colors, I’m not picky, do what seems good to you.

My takeaways are:
1-if you’re picky, probably want to over communicate or at least be more specific
2-I hope my tear pattern doesn’t show up with dildo shaped “tears”

Got shipping notice a day after they inquired about cerakote.
Never post your fears:)