RokStok

Y’all have chamber issues then.
Would you mind (maybe in a separate post to avoid further clutter here) expanding on this?

I have a .243 AI Tikka rechambered by Kampfeld that went from mild pressure, 3130 fps at 52.5 gr H1000 brand new, to heavier pressure signs at same velocity with 4 grains less powder after 150 rounds. I've got a load well under pressure now that I went ahead and loaded 150 of and so far so good. I'll take a little slow and no cleaning over 50-100 fps higher and cleaning required if it works to do it this way, but wanted to get your take.

No dildo patterns.

First impressions:
-ergos feel good, as expected.
-grip panels texture is great
-fit/finish isn’t great. There’s a little bump in the bottom of the bedding area and the barrel isn’t centered in the channel perfectly. Barrel clearance isn’t an issue since I got the biggest channel. I’ll need to think a bit more about the bedding portion.

Rifle currently has the UM high rings I believe, they are a little higher than ideal right now but might be pretty close to where I want them if I add the leather.

View attachment 708360
Would you mind adding a pic of the bedding issue/barrel channel?

The bedding area (let’s call it “imperfection”) is just this small bump. It seems to have been squished down a bit after torquing the action in as well. The discoloration happened after torquing the action in.

Attachments

• 414459A1-6577-41D9-A35A-9725059DAB7D.jpeg
    414459A1-6577-41D9-A35A-9725059DAB7D.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 8BC445D1-4238-4328-A5C5-37E5C55BF24A.jpeg
    8BC445D1-4238-4328-A5C5-37E5C55BF24A.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 259
Edited that in above. Prone with my face further forward, cheek bone is off the rifle a bit but I could make it work. I think I'll add a leather pad and see how that fits. I tend to like my scopes mounted a little higher and dont smash my face down on the comb.
I rarely get on my belly, so I typically prefer the same “high” height. I see you also mount your scope further to the rear like myself, thus putting the face higher on the comb. I’m hoping the highs rings I have work since they help clear the windage knob from spent brass with the scope mounted further back.

Im skeptical, so I did order some mediums just in case. Pretty much certain lows won’t work at all for me.

We shall see. Thanks for the update.

Can you scape it off? It almost looks like cerakote crap or some post inlet junk.

I agree, looks like a finish imperfection, especially since it compressed after torquing the action in. That bedding block is allegedly harder than aluminum. Would certainly prefer it be smooth!

Anyone have one yet mounted with sportsmatch rings?

Seems like fitment is never absolutely perfect and sometimes might need a little sanding, which I believe stockys states in all of their stock descriptions. Annoying? Sure, but sand it down and carry on.

Tear pattern look versus rendering - bound to come put different, still looks fine to me. We'll see if I feel the same when I get mine this week.

Seems like fitment is never absolutely perfect and sometimes might need a little sanding, which I believe stockys states in all of their stock descriptions. Annoying? Sure, but sand it down and carry on.

Tear pattern look versus rendering - bound to come put different, still looks fine to me. We'll see if I feel the same when I get mine this week.

Agree, I don't think the bedding "imperfection" is a real issue, it was just an observation. Easily remediated.

Sportsmatch rings and SWFA 3-9 are gtg for me

Would you mind (maybe in a separate post to avoid further clutter here) expanding on this?

I have a .243 AI Tikka rechambered by Kampfeld that went from mild pressure, 3130 fps at 52.5 gr H1000 brand new, to heavier pressure signs at same velocity with 4 grains less powder after 150 rounds. I've got a load well under pressure now that I went ahead and loaded 150 of and so far so good. I'll take a little slow and no cleaning over 50-100 fps higher and cleaning required if it works to do it this way, but wanted to get your take.

It usually means a throat or neck area that has minimal clearance or is too tight in some dimension. Could also be chamber. It also can happen when guys lonely size brass or just neck size. Pressure issues with book loads and FL sized brass is just not a thing with a straight SAAMI reamer, or a proper reamer. It happens when people try to get cute and cut everything minimal for “accuracy”, or have buckets touching the lands, etc.

No dildo patterns.

First impressions:
-ergos feel good, as expected.
-grip panels texture is great
-fit/finish isn’t great. There’s a little bump in the bottom of the bedding area and the barrel isn’t centered in the channel perfectly. Barrel clearance isn’t an issue since I got the biggest channel. I’ll need to think a bit more about the bedding portion. [Edit to add: The bedding aspect seems easily remediated. this is a first go for me with something besides fully bedding, factory plastic/bedding, or chassis]

Rifle currently has the UM high rings I believe, they are a little higher than ideal right now but might be pretty close to where I want them if I add the leather.

View attachment 708360
So the dildo pattern is an option? 😁

Nice looking set up. Looking forward to hearing your report when you get it shooting.

Back