RokStok

Finally had a chance to install the stock. Also attached is a pic of a chip in the carbon fiber, not a big deal. No imperfections noted in the bedding area. I see lots of questions around ring height so thought I would share this setup. I am using a Murphy Titanium pic rail and Vortex Precision low rings. The height is fine when shouldering and maybe a little high when prone, but a pad should work. Scope is a 50mm SWFA and has about .155" clearance, so a cap should fit.

IMG_1198.jpg
IMG_1191.jpg

Finally had a chance to install the stock. Also attached is a pic of a chip in the carbon fiber, not a big deal. No imperfections noted in the bedding area. I see lots of questions around ring height so thought I would share this setup. I am using a Murphy Titanium pic rail and Vortex Precision low rings. The height is fine when shouldering and maybe a little high when prone, but a pad should work. Scope is a 50mm SWFA and has about .155" clearance, so a cap should fit.

View attachment 708516
View attachment 708517
Did you give UM a chance to remedy the situation before you posted it here?

Is it just me or does the tear pattern look way different than the example photo? The tears don't look "torn"

It is not just you, I do think it looks fairly different, the example the accent color was around the tears blending the transition and some spider webbing also to pull it all together. The reality kinda just looks like some splotches of faint accent color in the middle of the main color. Maybe some other color combos might look different. Maybe if someone emphasizes to load the accent color around the tears more?

1715033823090.png

1715033963032.png

It is not just you, I do think it looks fairly different, the example the accent color was around the tears blending the transition and some spider webbing also to pull it all together. The reality kinda just looks like some splotches of faint accent color in the middle of the main color. Maybe some other color combos might look different. Maybe if someone emphasizes to load the accent color around the tears more?

View attachment 708531

View attachment 708532
I think i like the looks of the bare carbon better than the tear pattern so far.

@Scotto and @wind gypsy

Contact UM/Jake and they will correct that without question and no fuss. Anyone else, I don’t work for UM, I am just offering what I’ve seen- they are loaded to the brim and trying to get everything out as quickly as possible. Absolutely those issue shouldn’t have happened, and they are working to make sure they don’t in the future. Having said that, if there are any issues at all, UM will take care of them immediately.

Just got my 2nd stock today. Both were 31 ozs. It doesn't bother me, but I was expecting closer to maybe 28 ozs since 26 was advertised then you add the rail and flush cups. Like I said, it doesn't bother me, but I could see some people being bent out of shape about it.

Thanks Form. This really wasn't a post about the chip, but sharing information about my setup. I did not expect, nor was I going to seek, any type of CS on this from anyone. I do appreciate the work everyone is doing. First impressions were good. I will likely call UM and discuss.

Just got my 2nd stock today. Both were 31 ozs. It doesn't bother me, but I was expecting closer to maybe 28 ozs since 26 was advertised then you add the rail and flush cups. Like I said, it doesn't bother me, but I could see some people being bent out of shape about it.

I'd guess the stocks probably weight around 26oz with the Sender contour in Tikka? Add some weight with a recoil lug, cups, and a rail and 30 oz sounds about what should be expected I imagine. Adding paint would bring it up a further hair.

I'd guess the stocks probably weight around 26oz with the Sender contour in Tikka? Add some weight with a recoil lug, cups, and a rail and 30 oz sounds about what should be expected I imagine. Adding paint would bring it up a further hair.

That’s correct.

No dildo patterns.

First impressions:
-ergos feel good, as expected.
-grip panels texture is great
-fit/finish isn’t great. There’s a little bump in the bottom of the bedding area and the barrel isn’t centered in the channel perfectly. Barrel clearance isn’t an issue since I got the biggest channel. I’ll need to think a bit more about the bedding portion. [Edit to add: The bedding aspect seems easily remediated. this is a first go for me with something besides fully bedding, factory plastic/bedding, or chassis]

Rifle currently has the UM high rings I believe, they are a little higher than ideal right now but might be pretty close to where I want them if I add the leather.

View attachment 708360

That's a great looking rifle/stock. Particularly appreciate how close the grip is to the trigger, too. Great design work. Some of the concepts in it could have had it turn out pretty ugly, but the final lines look awesome.

View attachment 708531

View attachment 708532

I'd agree. That's what I'd imagine a stencil with a spray over would look like. I'm not knocking it but it's not what I expected based on the pic posted above. Fwiw, I went bare carbon but only because I wasn't smart enough to figure out how order the tear pattern. I just missed the notes section on my little phone.

I got 30.5 ounces which is a good weight to me.

RE the tear pattern, im content with how it turned out. I thought there was something about rokstok branding being on it and that being part of the reason you got 2 colors and a pattern for the price of 1 color. There is no branding on it. So overall it’d be silly to complain about them doing more 2 colors and additional stencil work for the price of 1 color IMO. Wouldn’t be surprised if they regret offering that option..

RE the bedding. I don’t see a reason to ship mine to UM when I can file the little high spot out myself. I'm not really sure what I expected with the inlet/bedding because everyone talked about the tight fit but it’s not as precise an inlet as i had imagined. With the little ridges and what not it seems there’s just going to be parts that get compressed a little more than others. Does that matter, it doesn’t seem like it from peoples feedback?

I'm not really sure what I expected with the inlet/bedding because everyone talked about the tight fit but it’s not as precise an inlet as i had imagined. With the little ridges and what not it seems there’s just going to be parts that get compressed a little more than others. Does that matter, it doesn’t seem like it from peoples feedback?
I had similar impressions based on hearing the 'tight fit' comments regarding Stocky's VG for example (and seeing one in person).
In terms of if the action inlet size/preciseness (thinking you're referring to the sides of the action here) and little ridges, etc. matter for ensuring rifle function/accuracy... I would confidently say, at least for my stock/rifle, they do not matter. Mine shoots great.
Plastic BM torqued to 65 in/lb, here's the last group of yesterday's range session:
(insert shameless group size photo here because I'm quite happy about it)
This rifle/setup, managed to shoot this 10 rnd group today at 100 yards with factory Sierra 130 gr TGK. Just a stock 6.5 Creed superlite chopped/threaded at the end of the flutes and rokstok’d. Feels good!
Needs .1up/.1rt but the NX8 1-8 doesn’t deal in small bills.
View attachment 708250View attachment 708251

I got 30.5 ounces which is a good weight to me.

RE the tear pattern, im content with how it turned out. I thought there was something about rokstok branding being on it and that being part of the reason you got 2 colors and a pattern for the price of 1 color. There is no branding on it. So overall it’d be silly to complain about them doing more 2 colors and additional stencil work for the price of 1 color IMO. Wouldn’t be surprised if they regret offering that option..

They don’t regret it, and they absolutely will make it what you want. The issue with the paint is that there were something like 200 people that sent multiple emails changing the paint they wanted multiple times; and people put one color or included black, which made them seem like they wanted just one color- not saying that you did, just that there’s some confusion with the paint schemes. I believe they are going to start calling customers if there is any question at all when a stock comes up for paint.

RE the bedding. I don’t see a reason to ship mine to UM when I can file the little high spot out myself. I'm not really sure what I expected with the inlet/bedding because everyone talked about the tight fit but it’s not as precise an inlet as i had imagined. With the little ridges and what not it seems there’s just going to be parts that get compressed a little more than others. Does that matter, it doesn’t seem like it from peoples feedback?

No, it won’t matter to performance, however it shouldn’t have been that way. All that I ah e seen have had very good inlets, though I don’t gawk at it too much if it bolts up correctly.

Zero check after the scope swap from the March-

IMG_8578.jpeg

Some more shooting today at 760 yards in some nasty winds (across one canyon, and through the head of three canyons meeting with 14-18mph gusting winds). 1st round hit in a 14” target, and 19/20 total in an hour or so.

IMG_8577.jpeg

Zero check after the scope swap from the March-

View attachment 708628

Some more shooting today at 760 yards in some nasty winds (across one canyon, and through the head of three canyons meeting with 14-18mph gusting winds). 1st round hit in a 14” target, and 19/20 total in an hour or so.

View attachment 708627
Well. Since you posted, I must ask. Are you able to shed some light on your dope card(s) there? They look cleaner than my hand bombed ones. Are you printing from just a word doc or something you made up?

Back