RokStok

It is not just you, I do think it looks fairly different, the example the accent color was around the tears blending the transition and some spider webbing also to pull it all together. The reality kinda just looks like some splotches of faint accent color in the middle of the main color. Maybe some other color combos might look different. Maybe if someone emphasizes to load the accent color around the tears more?
I do see the difference between these 2. Please keep in mind that some customers have requested paint jobs that look exactly like this so it doesn't always mean it's an issue.

I just got done speaking with the Cerakote team about this picture to avoid any confusion.

There are test plates with labeled pattern numbers in every Rokstok product on our website to make sure you request the correct pattern.

Whoever owns this Rokstok, if you are in any way unhappy with it we will get it repainted no problem.

And sandpaper and sockets to change contours. I like to keep it simple.
That’s why I ordered plain carbon with the biggest barrel inlet also.

After enough builds, I hate the fuss of trying to make everything so damn aesthetically pleasing. I just want no issues, and for it to shoot is all now lol.

I still pay my gunsmith for his paint work (even though I don’t want it), because he really wants his rifles with his name on them leaving the shop looking nice, for potentially new clients to see. Which I totally understand and support him for that 100%. But it really does add a level of unnecessary complexity to everything. I know for a fact he redoes paint and cerakote jobs to get them perfect, way more than he needs to redo a chamber or bedding job haha.

That’s why I ordered plain carbon with the biggest barrel inlet also.

After enough builds, I hate the fuss of trying to make everything so damn aesthetically pleasing. I just want no issues, and for it to shoot is all now lol.

This mentality, is no doubt apart of why you have been successful rather quickly (from what I have gathered) at shooting longer ranges. Care about what matters, no wasting time on the frivolous.

I usually feel the same about expensive coatings. Last handful of barrels haven't been coated. But I can justify $50 pretty damn quick when I could pay over half of that for krylon and still have to paint shit myself. I'll say that the orders went in before the grip panels were done so coating was also desirable for that but they nailed it with the grip panels.

I do see the difference between these 2. Please keep in mind that some customers have requested paint jobs that look exactly like this so it doesn't always mean it's an issue.

I just got done speaking with the Cerakote team about this picture to avoid any confusion.

There are test plates with labeled pattern numbers in every Rokstok product on our website to make sure you request the correct pattern.

Whoever owns this Rokstok, if you are in any way unhappy with it we will get it repainted no problem.
You’re an awesome owner.

10% here. Would be fine with no coating following seeing the bare carbon not being shiny like the other stockys.

But paint that sucker shit green for me (OD) like I ordered.

I ordered 12/27, late to the party but I’m looking forward to trying the stock and am if I like it I’ll be in contact to get a heavy one for matches. The more I shoot a chassis the less I like them. I’m ready to go simple.

I just wanted to throw this eye candy out there for you guys.
03812f31f6f03d1171c6ab1fcfb17a01.jpg

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

This mentality, is no doubt apart of why you have been successful rather quickly (from what I have gathered) at shooting longer ranges. Care about what matters, no wasting time on the frivolous.
Well thank you, I appreciate that.

And I was certainly the opposite at first, as I think most people are. I think it’s something about social media and seeing “badass” builds all the time, which almost always only refers to the paint scheme hahaha.

I am honestly just lucky to have the extra funds and the time in the field and shooting, to work through the process rather quickly (5 years now) and realize what actually matters. I still spiral flute my barrels for a little razzle dazzle 🤣. And still get custom actions and all that bullshit. But I genuinely know, if I had a $1000 tikka topped with a Tenmile, I would still kill 99% of the same animals. Probably 100% really 😅. I just do it because it interests me and I get bored, so it’s a good excuse to mess around with shit lol.

I'm a proud 10%er (haven't changed my order)
This^^^ same here. Since cerakote's obviously very important to some folks (which is cool, we all have passions)... figure out what you want first, communicate it clearly when you order, then live with decision.
It won't change how it shoots anyway.
Maaybbe alter it once very soon after if you flubbed something major up (nobody is perfect), but if I were UM I'd already have turned into Regis and be asking:
1715108566216.png

10% member. The 10/90 ratio will reverse if a change moves that order to the back of the line...grin...

Tip of the hat to UM for their customer service.

Sir, can you please provide the rendering you are referring to and a picture that doesn't match so I can understand what you're saying and get it fixed? Again if you have any issue at all with anything from my shop, the best thing to do is call or email us and we will resolve it.
You addressed it later in the thread, my stock is way down the list so I personally have nothing to fix yet (and I've never changed me order :p ). I was a commenting as a deep in the list order that what is currently being produced as the torn pattern isn't what I was expecting and might spur me to actually make a change on my order. But I'll keep watching if you've chatted with the team about tweaking the application closer to the render to see what comes down the line.

To be clear, I'm not hung up on wanting a fancy color scheme, I'd normally just want plain/single color for something muted. But the torn pattern looked fun and in the spirt if this development thread/progression I opted to order that to do something different. My issue is the first one's we're seeing don't look like the rendering and I don't care for them which would make me want to revert to just something plain (not some other fancy pattern). I'm not going to bother UM at this time as mine is way down the list and I would prefer to not need to bother them with changing my order at all, assuming future versions look closer to the rendering. I got weeks I'm sure still to see what future builds look like and go from there.

Any type of coating (cerakote, paint, etc) will better protect the epoxy resins that bond the carbon fiber from UV degradation. Unless a UV resistant epoxy or finish was used.

Shouldn’t be a big concern but food for thought for those who live in areas with persistent and powerful sun.

I’m guilty of changing my order only because I stated “burnt bronze” as one of my colors then realized Tikka uses “midnight bronze”. I had to correct that. I ordered within minutes of the sale going live so it shouldn’t be to much longer.

I ordered within minutes of the sale going live. I had a couple changes. They cancelled my order and had me reorder so my new order was the next day. I dont have any plans to change my order, but they are giving me plenty of time to change it.

Back