RokStok

So now that these are in a few consumers hands, those that have them, would you say there’s a significant difference in the way the rifle recoils?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Compared to what? Stock Tikka stocks, KRGs, either with raised butt pads or other modifications?

I have video of a modified Tikka stock (raised butt pad and vertical grip) vs Rokstok, but not sure there is a huge difference. One is rigged up , quite literally w duct tape, to achieve what the Rokstok was designed to do.

I’ll do a video of a 7PRC in a stock Tikka stock vs Rokstok when my next one shows up. I would caution not to put much weight in it, as I’m not sure I can provide enough consistency in form to glean much useful info.

Right. I really want one but am considering just mcgyvering my factory stock to raise butt pad to above bore line

While that helps, it is not the same. You can find where I posted multiple times that I wouldn’t necessarily rush out and replace the factory stock with a RokStok. Having shot several thousand rounds on multiple Rokstok’s and cartridges and seeing others do the same- I mostly take it back. For all around hunting and shooting a rifle that works, a scope that works, a suppressor, and a RokStok- in that order for me.

Oh that's right.... The parallel toe line and foreend. That's too much work for a factory stock.
The biggest issue I found w raising butt pads above rear of the stock is that they hook on things. In particular on rifle carriers. In dynamic situations it really throws off your process when you rifle won’t come out of the gun bearer.

For practice gun, it did seem to have some benefit on stock Tikka stock.

I had all the components come in for a 6 PRC, but knew the RokStok would be a ways out for me (ordered late), so bought a manners pro hunter to put it in in the mean time. I thought the stock was going to be fairly legit based off everyone using them and raving about them.

That is the most underwhelming stock honestly. Inlet was dogshit. There is absolutely zero features on it that would benefit actual shooting. It flexes like a MF in the barrel channel. Fit and finish sucks lol. I simply can’t fathom why I’m seeing them on so many builds.

Looking forward to swapping it out when the Rokstok shows up. Feel bad for my gunsmith for all the work he put into bedding it and patching the inlet gaps and repainting it though 🤣🤣

That is the most underwhelming stock honestly. Inlet was dogshit. There is absolutely zero features on it that would benefit actual shooting. It flexes like a MF in the barrel channel. Fit and finish sucks lol. I simply can’t fathom why I’m seeing them on so many builds.
I had more issues with Manners than with others and so many issues I quit. Sure they'll fix them but like Vortex why bother if it's such a regular occurrence. The only one I have left is actually pretty good. I think it was so good because it was a warranty replacement and I vented my frustrations with the current and previous issues at the time. One thing I noticed over time is the inlets almost always needed work where as a McMillan almost never did.

I had more issues with Manners than with others and so many issues I quit. Sure they'll fix them but like Vortex why bother if it's such a regular occurrence. The only one I have left is actually pretty good. I think it was so good because it was a warranty replacement and I vented my frustrations with the current and previous issues at the time. One thing I noticed over time is the inlets almost always needed work where as a McMillan almost never did.
It was my first manners, and it’ll be my last without a doubt. It literally feels and looks like a piece of junk lol. My gunsmith also says McMillan has the best inlets that he normally sees with AG as a close second

I had all the components come in for a 6 PRC, but knew the RokStok would be a ways out for me (ordered late), so bought a manners pro hunter to put it in in the mean time. I thought the stock was going to be fairly legit based off everyone using them and raving about them.

Looking forward to swapping it out when the Rokstok shows up. Feel bad for my gunsmith for all the work he put into bedding it and patching the inlet gaps and repainting it though 🤣🤣
They went backwards with the PH. The eh1 is their best stock I feel.

Back