RokStok

Oh we don’t actually shoot our guns, we just collect cool gear.
I feel triggered by this statement. Sometimes I do collect cool gear particularly in the off-season when my shopping finger gets itchy. :ROFLMAO:

Much to my surprise my stock showed up today. 🙌 I didn't get a tracking email, hence the surprise. I was a 10% who didn't mess with my original order.
  • Tikka, bare carbon, arca/pic, with additional arca mount in front of mag.
  • Ordered on the launch day 12/21
  • Initial impression is workmanship looks good. Transitions to grip, hardware, etc. all look well done. Grip has a good texture to it.
The bare carbon is planned to go on my 6.5 PRC build....if by prefit will ever show up. In the mean time I'll switch out either my 223 or 6.5CM from their KRG Bravo stocks.

I am still waiting on my LE green stock which is planned for one of the two guns above.

You guys that are just having them show up are getting me excited. I ordered a bare carbon/no rail on 12/21 and have been watching my email like a hawk the past couple weeks. Sadly, I'm not in the 10%. I forgot to specify length pull when initially submitting my order and had to send an email.

We 10 percenters should stick together and be positive role models for the 90%ers, then maybe we can get our damn stocks sooner
I was thinking the same thing! @Unknown Munitions do us 10%ers who went bare carbon get bumped to the front of the line for not being a pain in the ass? 🤣🤣

I have a few customers who I know are always a pain in the ass and when I send them a bid I add a PITA charge.

Haha. Thats the wrong hole!
5917ae1bfe663cf3-1200x675.jpg

Oh hey…

Fit and finish is good. Very tight fit like Stockys VG2. Bart 3B barrel channel has perfect (plenty) of clearance for factory fluted barrel.

High desert bottom metal fits perfectly (if you torque down past around 50” lbs you will need to use the shim kit that Thomas includes with the bottom metal. Without doing so a very hard bolt close will cause a negligent discharge, same as both my Stockys VG2s. With shims installed and blue loctite/torqued to 65” lbs, 100 or so very hard bolt closes and banging the butt stock very hard, zero issues. Again same as Stockys VG2 and high desert bottom metal. I have thousands of rounds on two different rifles set up like this with VG2 and zero issues).

I could sit here and talk about how shouldering it feels good and the things I’ve already tried on the canal road out back (kneeling, seated, prone, etc.) but instead I’m gonna go kill some coyotes and rabbits with it while I still have daylight hours. Initial thoughts are UM Tikka low rings are perfect. Going to make a slight scope adjustment rearward. Will probably 3D print a 3/8” spacer but time will tell. Everything else seems good so far. The textured grip and trigger reach/hand position is a thing of absolute beauty! It’s basically an even better version of my favorite stock grip of all time (Sako carbon wolf).

I’m also going out tomorrow morning for a few hours to scout/hunt/shoot targets. I’ll do a full write up with photos tomorrow. Zero bias from my side so I’ll report on everything from all field positions that I regularly use.

Oh and real quick before I go. I ordered on day one and never changed my order. For those that care about looks, all put in the notes for paint was H199 Base color with H346 highlights. Zero phone call to clarify which was perfect and turned out just fine!

Bare stock weight with Spartan/Pic.
IMG_7311.jpeg

My .260 ready to hunt. Factory stainless fluted 22.5” barrel. Maven RS1.2. Mt Tactical magazine. 3 rounds of 129 SST in mag. Ready to go kill and shoot. Have a great evening everyone!

IMG_7312.jpeg

Got mine today, fit and finish was good and the grip/fore-end texture is just right (even the straight cerakote has some texture to it). The only minor complain is the barrel is slightly off-center in the barrel channel. Cheek weld is a big improvement over factory with SM mediums. The RS with its thin LimbSaver recoil pad/no rail mount/sling studs was 30 oz. which is heavier than the factory stock with a thick aftermarket LimbSaver unit by ~1.5 oz. Looking forward to shooting it later this week.

- 10%er

Oh hey…

Fit and finish is good. Very tight fit like Stockys VG2. Bart 3B barrel channel has perfect (plenty) of clearance for factory fluted barrel.

High desert bottom metal fits perfectly (if you torque down past around 50” lbs you will need to use the shim kit that Thomas includes with the bottom metal. Without doing so a very hard bolt close will cause a negligent discharge, same as both my Stockys VG2s. With shims installed and blue loctite/torqued to 65” lbs, 100 or so very hard bolt closes and banging the butt stock very hard, zero issues. Again same as Stockys VG2 and high desert bottom metal. I have thousands of rounds on two different rifles set up like this with VG2 and zero issues).

Why do you get a ND and what do the shims do to help?

Oh hey…

I could sit here and talk about how shouldering it feels good and the things I’ve already tried on the canal road out back (kneeling, seated, prone, etc.) but instead I’m gonna go kill some coyotes and rabbits with it while I still have daylight hours. Initial thoughts are UM Tikka low rings are perfect. Going to make a slight scope adjustment rearward. Will probably 3D print a 3/8” spacer but time will tell. Everything else seems good so far. The textured grip and trigger reach/hand position is a thing of absolute beauty! It’s basically an even better version of my favorite stock grip of all time (Sako carbon wolf).

I’m also going out tomorrow morning for a few hours to scout/hunt/shoot targets. I’ll do a full write up with photos tomorrow. Zero bias from my side so I’ll report on everything from all field positions that I regularly use.

Oh and real quick before I go. I ordered on day one and never changed my order. For those that care about looks, all put in the notes for paint was H199 Base color with H346 highlights. Zero phone call to clarify which was perfect and turned out just fine!

View attachment 709309

My .260 ready to hunt. Factory stainless fluted 22.5” barrel. Maven RS1.2. Mt Tactical magazine. 3 rounds of 129 SST in mag. Ready to go kill and shoot. Have a great evening everyone!

View attachment 709310
Not enough orange!

Oh hey…

View attachment 709309

View attachment 709310
Orange is sweet

You guys that are just having them show up are getting me excited. I ordered a bare carbon/no rail on 12/21 and have been watching my email like a hawk the past couple weeks. Sadly, I'm not in the 10%. I forgot to specify length pull when initially submitting my order and had to send an email.
Don’t worry I’m a 90%er and mines on the way there is hope

I’ve heard that from several other people also.

Looks like @Formidilosus freefloated this bottom metal inlet to fit his dead cat in it hahaha
View attachment 709272
You just need to drink the tikka koolaid. My tikka mini chassis eh1 are awesome. They did the t3 mini chassis right, nearly a press fit to the point I have a hard time making sure the lug abutment is where it needs to be.

Excited to compare the rokstock to them. The eh1 is almost right.

You just need to drink the tikka koolaid. My tikka mini chassis eh1 are awesome. They did the t3 mini chassis right, nearly a press fit to the point I have a hard time making sure the lug abutment is where it needs to be.

Excited to compare the rokstock to them. The eh1 is almost right.
I forgot I had one! Also with a mini chassi. It was legit. Absolutely nothing bad to say about it. It was in 6.5 PRC and shot great
IMG_7435.jpeg

Last edited:
Can someone measure the length from the front of the bottom metal to end of forend? Wanting to order an arca rail and deciding on length

Back