RokStok

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Just listened to the most recent podcast and at the end they said the M70 stocks won’t have the molded in texture. That’s quite disappointing to hear and hopefully that will change in the future. I was about to order but that will make me hold off.

The reason why is due to cost- to add the texture to the mold is more than the mold itself costs. That combined with Jake believing that they won’t sell enough M70 stocks to even recoup the mold cost is the reason for not doing the texturing. If 15 people bought a stock pre order and all stated they wanted the texture- they would absolutely do it.

As it stands, there are ways to add texture to the stock, and I would rather have some texture added with paint than no M70 RokStok at all.

i don’t personally really get the draw for a m70 build over a tikka unless you have one sitting around, but I would probably change my mind for a m70 in a walnut rokstok.

Carbon, meh, and carbon without texturing na

Haha. The M70 is a good rifle/action.

As for walnut…..
IMG_8733.jpeg

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Where did I say I had an issue? I clearly stated this is the first item I had cerakoted and wanted to be sure it wasn’t something that was going to be an issue with the structural integrity.

No structural issue, however I can absolutely understand someone not liking that. Wouldn’t bother me, but I get it. Again, I have absolutely nothing to do with painting, shilling, selling, etc of these stocks. However, they 100% want to make sure people are beyond satisfied with their product- call them if you have any issues.

As for talking about it on the thread versus calling- that’s what a forum is for. This isn’t a closed loop- Ryan and Jake want a full, transparent process here.

I wouldn't let the texturing stop me from buying a stock. Lots of different ways to fix that and can be as easy as adding a few strips of skateboard anti-slip or some thin clear epoxy and a sprinkle of your choice of sand blast media.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't let the texturing stop me from buying a stock. Lots of different ways to fix that and can be as easy as adding a few strips of skateboard anti-slip or some thin clear epoxy and a sprinkle of your choice of sand blast media.

It’s just a matter of how much settling one is willing to manage, no? Grip, comb height, heel height, grip angle. Workarounds abound. Why not want/push for a stock that covers the spread?

It’s just a matter of how much settling one is willing to manage, no? Grip, comb height, heel height, grip angle. Workarounds abound. Why not want/push for a stock that covers the spread?
You can certainly ask or push for it, but it wouldn't stop me if they said no. If it's a make or break issue then you might have to go with a lesser stock to get what you want.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
UM could always upcharge the M70 guys to cover the texturing. Penalty pay if you will. Lol

Cost wasn’t a named factor in @Bond007’s commitment to purchase one,

A rebate option could be considered, idk. Just to get the molds the way they should be, with possible $$ recoupment to initial investors.

Cost wasn’t a named factor in @Bond007’s commitment to purchase one,

A rebate option could be considered, idk. Just to get the molds the way they should be, with possible $$ recoupment to initial investors.
They have gone above and beyond with what they are offering. Sorry not sorry to the M70 guys if they get left out in the cold

Haha. The M70 is a good rifle/action.

As for walnut…..
View attachment 711985
I know it is, I just don’t have one and finding an old one for a price that’s worth doing now is getting hard when a tikka with a brand new barrel is 750$

I’ll come across one for a steal eventually and snag it.

Also, I can’t wait to see more pics of that, I think that’s what would get me to do one. Somethin real classy. If only Schmidt would make me a glossy scope again.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
LOL. Ok. That is a silly and petty post. Have you ever bought anything from UM before? People who run businesses have to deal with silly, petty people everyday because the customer is always right. You should be grateful for those people.
The full quote is "the customer is always right in matters of taste." Pig headed and very wrong customers have opted to shorten it to "the customer is always right" which is simply bull crap with a side of chicken poo.

The full quote is "the customer is always right in matters of taste." Pig headed and very wrong customers have opted to shorten it to "the customer is always right" which is simply bull crap with a side of chicken poo.
It’s still wrong

I know someone who has their own name spelled incorrectly tattooed on their stomach

Customers are idiots

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I've had and used the stocky carbon vertical grip tikka stock for about a year now. No molded in grip hasn't been an issue. If it was some grip tape could be applied

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I don't know how UM does it. Some of the customer "issues" are so petty. I would tell them here is your money back now, go **** yourself... but I guess that's why they don't let me near the phones, computers, or customers when I am there. HAHA!