Rookie Elk Hunt - Boston to Montana Solo

KMD

Banned
One of the more enjoyable & inspirational huntin' adventures I've read in long a while!
You should really be proud of yourself, and quite deserving of your beautiful bull! You've accomplished what many right coasters only day dream of attempting...

Coming from a fellow travelling DIY'er, YOU DUN GOOD!!! Congratulations and hope you enjoy many more excellent adventures...

Liv2Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats! Solo elk hunt all the way from Boston is no easy feat. Way to go!

Takes a lot of balls to pack up and hunt a place you have never laid eyes on. Glad you had a good time and were successful! Excellent job and great write up.

ChrisS

WKR
Congratulations on a successful hunt! For us easterners, pulling the trigger on a solo DIY trip is a little more daunting than when it's 2800 miles and not 280. I keep telling myself next year will be the year, and maybe it will.

Excellent pics and story.

Congrats on a great bull and awesome story telling! I don't know what the statistics are but you certainly defied the odds! You did it right! Most wouldn't have the perseverance and mental toughness to stick with it that many days. It helps when you actually see elk but still it's a grind and constant battle of the mind to stay positive and tell your body to keep going in spite of the pain. An inspiration to all the first timers out there that it can be done! Congrats!

Congrats, I have to say that I'm impressed. Most guys would never attempt a solo elk hunt and especially not when they have to travel so far and have never hunted elk before.

elkmule123

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on your bull and thanks for sharing your storing. I've taken a few cow elk, but I'm still waiting for my bull. Congrats again!

iahunter

FNG
Congrats on the beautiful bull! That was a great story and very well written. Can't wait for next fall when a few of us Iowa flat landers make our 1st trip to WYO for a DIY elk hunt.

Scoot

WKR
WTG! Congrats on a great trip, nice bull, and wonderful adventure! Well written and nice pics!