RTIC Coolers.. Cheap Yeti Alternative

jm1607

WKR
I'm not affiliated with them, but they are down the street from my house.. I just found out about them.. Going to go see their showroom sometime in the next week.

Basically Yeti copies made in USA, less than 1/2 the price (direct distributing), and longer warranty!

They're taking preorders which will ship Nov/Dec

https://www.rticcoolers.com/

Trial153

WKR
I believe they are being sued by Yeti. My assumption is because they are basically a Yeti copy, but I do not know that for sure as I did not take the time to read the brief.

Yea I had the link to suit someplace.. I will post it up when I am officially phone.

• Banned
OP
jm1607

jm1607

WKR
Ya, I knew they were getting sued.. I think it has to do with the patented latch design.. But.. That's going to take a while and Yeti may not even win

From what I understand it's an ex-employee that started the business lol

Last edited:
Will keep an eye on this thread for updates. Be liking the price line. Have never figured out with so many of these high end coolers no one seems to come off the big bucks for them

Interesting.. I'll be watching their website for updates. I would like to wait until they are actually shipping to order one for myself. I dont want to pre-order one and then keep getting "hopefully next week" emails while I get strung along for months.

Finch

WKR
They'll gonna need those preorder deposits to pay legal fees. :)

Interesting.. I'll be watching their website for updates. I would like to wait until they are actually shipping to order one for myself. I dont want to pre-order one and then keep getting "hopefully next week" emails while I get strung along for months.
So like ordering from Kuiu?:p
Seriously though, these look pretty cool. If they are getting sued over the latch, change the design slightly and continue on. If I had the coin and the need I'd definitely pick one up.

OP
jm1607

jm1607

WKR
My friend stopped by their place yesterday.. I'm going to go sometime next week after work..

He asked them about the Yeti suit and he said they made very slight alterations to the latches before production began to get around the patent..

They have alot of pics and stuff on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/rticcoolers

Trial153

WKR
If nothing else it will bring prices down a bit. I have three yeti s ( 45, 105 and 110) I can't see needing another one anytime....well ever.

My friend stopped by their place yesterday.. I'm going to go sometime next week after work..

He asked them about the Yeti suit and he said they made very slight alterations to the latches before production began to get around the patent..

They have alot of pics and stuff on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/rticcoolers

Are they still anticipating late August to begin shipping?

Mtnboy

WKR
Honestly, after looking at their website, they deserve to be getting sued in my book.

I'm all for a cheaper alternative, but it's pretty clear they are trying to rip off Yeti. Same color scheme, 4 letter name, the word "Yeti" all over their site so they can rank for it when people search it...I mean come on, a little originality would be courteous. Or you can just try to rip off a prominent brand that someone else put the work in to.

Just my opinion....but I'd rather pay extra to someone who didn't steal their idea.

Agreed. In all honesty I think yeti is slightly overpriced, but they have the name for it. I'd rather go with pelican or canyon before going with an obvious knock off with sorry business practices because you know they'll pull other sketchy stuff down the road with warranty and such.

Trial153

WKR
Honestly, after looking at their website, they deserve to be getting sued in my book.

I'm all for a cheaper alternative, but it's pretty clear they are trying to rip off Yeti. Same color scheme, 4 letter name, the word "Yeti" all over their site so they can rank for it when people search it...I mean come on, a little originality would be courteous. Or you can just try to rip off a prominent brand that someone else put the work in to.

Just my opinion....but I'd rather pay extra to someone who didn't steal their idea.

I agree^^^

OP
jm1607

jm1607

WKR
They are 100% a ripoff lol, but I can't afford a Yeti.. And if I could, I wouldn't buy a Yeti.. On top of that, I think Yeti's are waaaay overpriced.. They're profit margins must be through the roof

$200 on the other hand is a little easier to come by

I do wish they changed the design some like other companies but w/e

adirondak5

Lil-Rokslider
I emailed them on shipping dates , here is their reply ;

"- If your reservation was made in July you can expect to receive your cooler by October 31, 2015;

- If your reservation was made in August you can expect to receive your cooler by November 30, 2015."