Savage 116 LWH - $200 off @ Cabela's

lcxctf2000

Lil-Rokslider
Got the Cabela's 2nd Ammendment Classic flyer the other day and saw that the Savage 16/116 LWH will be $200 off.

That puts them at $499, which is around $75 less than Bud's. Good price for a pretty light gun that is pretty much a guaranteed shooter.

Tod osier

WKR
Has anyone seen anything giving a good real world weight on these? I've seen someone say the one they got was 8 ounces over. I'm thinking of getting one for my son and cut the stock. He is smaller and that is as light as you are going to get for the price. If the lightweight hunter is actually 6 pounds I'd just get a tikka and cut both the stock and barrel.

Has anyone seen anything giving a good real world weight on these? I've seen someone say the one they got was 8 ounces over. I'm thinking of getting one for my son and cut the stock. He is smaller and that is as light as you are going to get for the price. If the lightweight hunter is actually 6 pounds I'd just get a tikka and cut both the stock and barrel.

I don't have any experience with the savage but they're typically pretty sweet shooters from what I hear. I do have a Tikka T3 compact in a 308 and I bet it would work great for your son. Especially if you picked it up in a 243 or 7-08. It also come with a spacer that you can add to the stock for when he grows. The shorter l.o.p fits me perfectly.