Scope Evaluation Donation

Yeah I thought they would be a great solution but in the end just too much of a compromise. I do still kind of like the idea for my kids though, saving some time for them getting on target rather than dialing. Time to send them on down the road though...

The reports of there being issues at their own Sig hunter games (or whatever they called it), waching corey jacobson airmail some rounds over the back of an elk and placing blame on bdx, my experience just bluetooth syncing new ballistic profiles into a sig AB range finder, and how much basic mechanical scopes tend to struggle with reliable function is enough to not consider bdx for me. The fact that the bdx schtick is a sales pitch to people who want to shortcut learning ballistics and long range shooting through time and practice is a giant cherry on top.

To pile on sig a little more, pretty sure they were started by guys who came from leupold. Additionally, their rangefinders are very hit or miss. I had a kilo 2200bdx, 3 warranty replacements in 4 years, the last time they sent a kilo 5k that i sold unopened. Those rangefinders were babied and just couldn't cope with life.

Last edited:
I offer the VX5HD for that exact reason. I WANT to believe they’re different because I’ve got 4 and none have had problems. Granted, they’ve had pretty easy lives. Given Leupold’s huge market share, I think it would be great to have data on each line to settle the question for a lot of folks like me that have enough cash tied up that we don’t want to admit we might need to make some changes.

After reading through the tests though, I’ll admit, I bought a 2.5-15x42 Credo HX and a 3-9x40 Credo to mount up for the season. My wife isn’t amused.
Dude don’t tell your wife haha 😂

She works from home, and I can’t get them to secretly drop those scope boxes on the side of the house…😈
Haha 😂 hope my wife never gets an account but went on a bit of a trijicon tear… she doesn’t work from home so as far as she knows those scope boxes have been in the closet for years… all kidding aside she is cool with it as long as I keep it under a certain dollar amount per month

Makes me feel lucky...I told the wife I was looking at scopes and getting some to replace others on rifles and I was going to buy the tenmile hx when Eurooptic had the sale, she ended up using her savings and said add 2 to the cart bought me a second one! Best wife ever!

Makes me feel lucky...I told the wife I was looking at scopes and getting some to replace others on rifles and I was going to buy the tenmile hx when Eurooptic had the sale, she ended up using her savings and said add 2 to the cart bought me a second one! Best wife ever!
I’m already preparing for the death stare I’ll get when UPS shows up with my new Leica tomorrow. Maybe we can get one of these Amplus 6’s in for testing at some point.

@Ryan Avery - dropped you a PM about testing some March scopes. One currently owned candidate, three potential candidates I'd come out of pocket for and ship to you. My only stipulation is don't scratch up the glass. I realize the demand might not be there owing to cost.

The demand is there. Ryan is probably outbid touch hunting. You can PM me if you want to.

The March 1.5-15x42mm FFP/DFP with DR-TR2B and Shuriken turrets is one of, if not the most requested scope to eval. The 4.5-28x52mm FFP is probably second.

Do you have concerns this could taint the results? How do you insure you’re not pre filtering the scopes that are already broken or damaged? Guys could send you scopes with #4000+ rounds on them that have been kicked around pretty hard.

It might give a manufacturer an out to say “we have no idea how that guy got those scopes, they were probably broken when he got them from the prior owner”

Do you feel it’s a level playing field for new scopes and used scopes?

Do you have concerns this could taint the results? How do you insure you’re not pre filtering the scopes that are already broken or damaged? Guys could send you scopes with #4000+ rounds on them that have been kicked around pretty hard.

It might give a manufacturer an out to say “we have no idea how that guy got those scopes, they were probably broken when he got them from the prior owner”

Do you feel it’s a level playing field for new scopes and used scopes?
My take is that if a manufacturer is unhappy with the results of a test of a used version, they should send in a new one for testing.

Back