Scouting Trip Video Part 1

Integral Design Nester or Rab Ridge Runner

Both are the same thing and made at the same place. Rab bought out integral design, but still market under both names.

I really like this bivy but am concerned if the weight is worth it. I was just about to pull the trigger on a borah with full bug net to use with supertarp. This looks like I could use alone or take the tarp with it if weather looked like a problem. I'll start my own thread on this though so I don't hijack this one or just call you.

I really like this bivy but am concerned if the weight is worth it. I was just about to pull the trigger on a borah with full bug net to use with supertarp. This looks like I could use alone or take the tarp with it if weather looked like a problem. I'll start my own thread on this though so I don't hijack this one or just call you.

Call me...I'll give you the pros and cons.

ill add, travis in his borah and me in my tigoat both experienced a little bit of condensation with the extreme temp swings and camping 3' away from a snowfield this weekend..

how are they at keeping water out?
mine do really well, i havent tested them over the top deep but ive stayed dry in say 6" fords. also theyve been fine in snow and i hunted all of spring bear in them with wet brush for days. i also hunt in shorts so i cinch them tight and the water on my legs doesnt get my socks wet

cool, thanks. Im lookin to get a set of gaiters soon, on a budget so i am tryin to find the most bang for the buck. OR crocs look awesome and a buddy told me to check em out as well..

The Croc is a great gaiter, but HUGE! These are more streamlined and better for hot/mild weather.
cool, thanks. Im lookin to get a set of gaiters soon, on a budget so i am tryin to find the most bang for the buck. OR crocs look awesome and a buddy told me to check em out as well..

you showed all your gear except your video camera. that's something I want to get into, what are you using? go pro?

I actually have a ton of footage of my hunts and short little video journal entries like these but don't show them a whole lot. Too many people recognize areas in WA too easily! :)

Mike

Back