Seek outside LBO true weight

Elite

WKR
I am wondering if any one has actually weighed the base and vestibule with a stove jack? I am curious what the actual trail ready weight is? (Stakes,stuff sack) Just want to make sure there website is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
I have the LBO as you described w/jack and carbon pole. 29 oz in the bag, carbon pole is about 8 oz in its bag.

bamagun

FNG
Dont think I ever weighed mine, but I ran it with the tarp and vestibule. It wasnt the lightest thing in the world, but for the room and the price tag its hard to beat. I did just buy the dyneema cimarron though and 95 sq feet for 21oz is going to be great if I can keep from ripping it to pieces.. If youre trying to save an ounce or two, pick up some of the carbon stakes from rutalocura (spelling is probably off there).

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
I have the LBO as you described w/jack and carbon pole. 29 oz in the bag, carbon pole is about 8 oz in its bag.

Thanks, How do you like it ? Do you use a nest?

Grover

FNG
My LBO with stove jack, 8 stakes, vestibule and stuff sack weigh in at 34oz.

Attachments

• D21A331B-0ABD-42C7-9101-91F2BC1691DB.jpeg
    D21A331B-0ABD-42C7-9101-91F2BC1691DB.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 29
OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
My LBO with stove jack, 8 stakes, vestibule and stuff sack weigh in at 34oz.

Is that the base and vestibule? Which stakes are you using ?

Grover

FNG
Yes, the picture shows my Kifaru stuff sack with base, vestibule, stove jack, MSR stakes (which I am not thrilled with and looking for a better option) and para cord. I do have a 5oz 4’x6’ ground cloth from Viam Outdoors that is not in the pic.

Grover

FNG
Which MSR stakes are you running? I had issues in high day winds having the stakes pop out and coming home to a collapsed shelter.

I just picked up some cyclone stakes and some Sorex tent stakes to test out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHVQNPJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.rutalocura.com/Tent_Stakes.html
I’m using the ground hog stakes. Broke/chipped/bent 2 of them a few weeks ago but was pounding them into hard ground with a big rock. Could be user error. Let me know how your new ones turn out.

My old LBO (manufactured right after SO first came out with them), 3 piece vestibule and seam sealed, weighed 35 oz. This only include the material, no guy lines or anything else. Also, no stove jack.