Seekins Rifles

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Is this a PH2 or an element? I really like that camo pattern vs the others I’ve seen offered for the PH2
They don’t make that camo pattern anymore, they only offer the shadow camo stuff (mountain, urban, desert). My 6.5 creedmoor has the same camo pattern as that one and it is awesome.

I think the mountain shadow is the closest thing to that giraffe camo pattern. I actually really like the orange urban shadow one, if I got another Seekins I’d get the urban shadow.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
None of these are things to hate, but are my "not favorite" things about the Element:

I like the pattern/footprint of the stock on the Element, but it's not a light stock.

Wish the stock had off side flush cups rather than just the underside.

The integrated rail in the level can't be seen when shooting. Not a detraction on the rifle, and it helps verify the action is level when mounting a scope, but it's useless once a scope's mounted.

I have to keep some lube on the action rails. The bolt body is a large diameter and the bolt is very light. This means there's a lot of bolt body to action contact and no "momentum" when working the bolt like a heavy bolt will have. This results in a slower bolt manipulation for me. I have to have a more controlled working of the bolt since there's no momentum.

Again, none of those are things to hate, just things that are.
I agree, dude flush cups would be nice and the built in level thing is pretty useless.

I agree, dude flush cups would be nice and the built in level thing is pretty useless.
I haven't found the level to be completely useless... It's still better then not having it IMO. Slightly lifting the head you can see it and use it. Not as convenient as the scope mounted level, but I'd rather it be there then not.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I haven't found the level to be completely useless... It's still better then not having it IMO. Slightly lifting the head you can see it and use it. Not as convenient as the scope mounted level, but I'd rather it be there then not.

It dosent hurt anything, you’re right.

Is this a PH2 or an element? I really like that camo pattern vs the others I’ve seen offered for the PH2
PH2. Longish story and goes back to customer service. When I ordered mine from Seekins, they were still the gray stock and natural stainless barrel. I liked the element paint at the time and like black finishes. I added the element paint and Cerakote for the entire rifle at an extra $250 for each item. CS called me back and said they cancelled my order.....What???? Then he explained that they were doing a limited run of 10 of each of selected calibers in the exact spec I had ordered. Seekins did not have to call me and tell me that. I got in right away and got the exact rifle I custom ordered for $500 less, and the best part is these were built already when they dropped the deal, so I went to the front of the line and had it in my hands in two weeks, forgoing the 3 to 4 month wait at the time. Will be forever a Seekins fan for that!

hdk82

FNG
Have had the element in 300prc for a couple years now. Great rig, light, accurate. Topped it with the Nx8 and she will reach out for sure! I give it a solid review. I have a Bergara long range from years past that shoots great…but I sure can’t carry it like the seekins.

OP
IDVortex

IDVortex

WKR
Have had the element in 300prc for a couple years now. Great rig, light, accurate. Topped it with the Nx8 and she will reach out for sure! I give it a solid review. I have a Bergara long range from years past that shoots great…but I sure can’t carry it like the seekins.
Goal with mine will be to put a break on it, even though it'll only be a 7prc, but with how light it'll be, I'm trying to make it more comfortable and also be able to hopefully get back on target faster. I just want a comfortable rifle for in the back country. After a day of hard hiking, ill care about a couple pounds.

I’ve had two PH2’s and an Element. They are very hard to beat as a factory option. I’m probably going to buy a PH2 in 6 creed next
I really want one in 6 creed, but I need to get the kid a dedicated rifle she can call hers first… I don’t know if I will rebarrel my 308 tikka, or if I’m going to get her an 8 twist 243, but I like the rebarrel option which opens me up with a reason to replace that rifle

I really want a ph2, I think seekins is the only factory rifle I’ll consider outside tikka. They make a pretty killer package for the price. Really nice looking rifle too.

I think the determining factor for me is how much I like the rokstok when I get it. Right now I want a ph2 in 6 creed

hdk82

FNG
Goal with mine will be to put a break on it, even though it'll only be a 7prc, but with how light it'll be, I'm trying to make it more comfortable and also be able to hopefully get back on target faster. I just want a comfortable rifle for in the back country. After a day of hard hiking, ill care about a couple pounds.

For sure. Funny enough, I have not actually weighed it all setup. I’ll put it in the scale tomorrow and report back!

dixon4420

FNG
Do you use a suppressor on yours? I am trying to decide if i should go with the PH2 or the element based on barrel length since i use a suppressor. do you think 26 in and a suppressor on top of that would be too long for most hunting?

Do you use a suppressor on yours? I am trying to decide if i should go with the PH2 or the element based on barrel length since i use a suppressor. do you think 26 in and a suppressor on top of that would be too long for most hunting?

It’s pretty long with a can - I have an element (21” 6.5 PRC) and a PH2 (26” 7PRC) and it’s a looong setup, but man it’s fast, fun, and accurate!

It’s doable especially open county, but not ideal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dixon4420

FNG
It’s pretty long with a can - I have an element (21” 6.5 PRC) and a PH2 (26” 7PRC) and it’s a looong setup, but man it’s fast, fun, and accurate!

It’s doable especially open county, but not ideal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
if you had to pick between the ph2 and element in the 300prc knowing you would suppress it which one would you go with ? I mainly do shoot open country where i hunt in wyoming and take my 30-30 if i want to go into dense timber, but i would like it to be ideal to carry and use with suppressor on at all times if i happen to not take my 30-30

if you had to pick between the ph2 and element in the 300prc knowing you would suppress it which one would you go with ? I mainly do shoot open country where i hunt in wyoming and take my 30-30 if i want to go into dense timber, but i would like it to be ideal to carry and use with suppressor on at all times if i happen to not take my 30-30
If your goal is a good suppressor platform, then the element, or a re-barreled PH2 (comes out a little cheaper, but a little heavier tho you have a steel action)

That's said, that 300 will be a lot of recoil in a light rifle and the PH2 will likely shoot better for you.

Maybe drop down to a 7?

dixon4420

FNG
If your goal is a good suppressor platform, then the element, or a re-barreled PH2 (comes out a little cheaper, but a little heavier tho you have a steel action)

That's said, that 300 will be a lot of recoil in a light rifle and the PH2 will likely shoot better for you.

Maybe drop down to a 7?

I have been eyeing the 7prc too. I have no idea how to choose. i hate choices haha

I have been eyeing the 7prc too. I have no idea how to choose. i hate choices haha
What are you wanting to do with said rifle? Animal, distance, hunt type etc.? Unless you are truly wanting way out there power/energy, the 7 is going to likely be a better option I would say and ballistically, within hunting range, has the ballistic advantage with regards to drop and drift.

Last edited:

dixon4420

FNG
What are you wanting to do with said rifle? Animal, distance, hunt type etc.? Unless you are truly wanting way out there power/energy, the 7 is going to likely be a better option I would say and ballistically, within hunting range, has the ballistic advantage with regards to drop and drift.

Mainly hunting deer and elk out to max 600-700 yards and then just target shoot out to 1000

Mainly hunting deer and elk out to max 600-700 yards and then just target shoot out to 1000
7 would be perfect for that. If you like .30, get the 300, but at those distances, 7 all day long.

Edit to add - here's a quick drop chart from factory 175 ELD-X (Federal) out of my 26" PH2 for reference. Wind drift is 5MPH, elevation is 3500.

9ia1Cwgh.jpg

Last edited:
I am running a suppressed Element in 7 PRC. I just sent my 300 down the road. For the distances you are talking about the 7 will do what you want in a more manageable package and hey this is Rockslide so more smaller is more better.

Last edited:

RB1

Lil-Rokslider

Thanks for posting the link to this article. I have been battling with the same question and this article was very informative.

dixon4420

FNG
Thanks for posting the link to this article. I have been battling with the same question and this article was very informative.
I ended up going with 7prc. I feel like it will let me reach an elk or deer further than my creedmoor. Ballistically out to 600-700 there doesn’t seem to big enough advantage energy wise on the 300prc to deal with extra recoil with factory loads. If I was reloading then there might be a good advantage

Reactions: RB1