shorts

littlebuf

Banned
kinda random but im looking for a new pair.what shorts are you guys wearing for the hike in? best pair i ever had was a pair of swim trunks made out of some material i cant find anywhere.they were super thin and light with no waist band,just draw stings but they were tuff as nails.they finally gave up after years of abuse and im having a hard time replacing them.what works for you shorts guys?

Good question. I have been thinking about this and decided to use a pair of Mountain Hardwear pants with the zip off lower. These will also serve as camp pants/shorts while cooking dinner and doing camp chores.

C

Just use board shorts! Branden or Justin mentioned them on Facebook Buff and I've been using an old pair for hiking this summer and loving them! Just got to get a different pattern cause that Hawaiian flower color isn't quite multicam! :)

I usually hike in a pair of Under Armor zip off pants / shorts. I think they were part of their fishing clothing line at one time. They are super light weight, dry in minutes and offer some protection and warmth if I need to zip on the pant legs.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-ua-guide-zipoff-pant-iii/pid1205777

DSC01702.jpg

I go naked...saves weight:)

Between that statement, and some of the ones on 'manscapping," I have to laugh, and wonder just a little where your head is...ha. Oh, and there's a guy on the "shorts" topic wanting a review on the T1. Know anyone that does that?

By the way, been a member for a while, just have't posted. Great site. I've read all your reviews and watched your videos Aron. Great work and advice. Thanks for all the hard work.

I think BigSurArcher custom makes some sweet denim ones. He may have an extra pair from a recent photoshoot..

I think BigSurArcher custom makes some sweet denim ones. He may have an extra pair from a recent photoshoot..

Lol I think manscaping is required for those and I can tell you littlebuf probably isn't down for that... something about his squatch clan making fun of him or something :)

Mike

I've worn Columbia Aruba IIIs for the last 7 years as my man hiking pants. Only around $30 per pair, dry super fast and can be converted from pants to shorts with just a couple zips. For the money they are tough to beat and quite comfy indeed. Plus you can buy like 4 pair for the price of attack pants or the ilk.

Pant Mode:
SANY0276.jpg

Shorts Mode:
IMGP0362.jpg

I especially like that they aren't shorty shorty daisy duke style in short mode as these Alaskan legs don't see much sun to its more of a safety precaution for others eyes anyways. :D

HAHAHA I like the end of your post Luke!!! I have some Cabela's Zip offs and took them on one trip and NEVER unzipped them just because I did feel like Daisy Duke b/c of how high the dang zip was!!!

Back