Should draw east side of Bighorns.....need a packer. Any leads?

Never know but seems we will draw east slope of Bighorns this fall. Looking for a horse packer in that area. Any tips would be appreciated.
Just need a horse Uber to drop us and take out any potential meat. Thanks

You will need to hire a license guide/outfitter for something like this. Should be able to find them on the WOGA website. Have to be licensed with the state, and permitted for any public lands They are operating on.

Yep you’re looking for an outfitter. In my opinion, it’s going to be tough to find a packer or drop camp in that area. Your options are a guided hunt, rent horses, or do it yourself. And remember no wilderness hunting without a guide.

mntnguide

WKR
Barlow Outfitting. . He is permitted for drop camps, but Im not sure what unit and where you are talking so not sure if he can help you or not. But he does pack people in and out in Bighorns

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
Very few if any spots on the east side of the BHorns that you would need a packer for. Most places you can't even more than 1.5 miles off a road.

Justin Jarret is an outfitter out of Ten Sleep / Buffalo. (Wapiti Ridge Outfitters) I don't know if he will just pack but he runs a very good Wilderness camp. I had a great hunt with him.

Wellsdw

WKR
Adam Todd, I think blacktooth outfitters. Also is a guide with 333. Nice guy, from
The area, my wife and I went on a trail ride with them and we talked about drop camps. As stated above most of the bighorns are accessible, unless you want to hunt wilderness. Hunted general area a few years ago there. 350 bulls behind every tree. Couldn’t sleep for all the bugles and never saw a person………

manitou1

WKR
Adam Todd, I think blacktooth outfitters. Also is a guide with 333. Nice guy, from
The area, my wife and I went on a trail ride with them and we talked about drop camps. As stated above most of the bighorns are accessible, unless you want to hunt wilderness. Hunted general area a few years ago there. 350 bulls behind every tree. Couldn’t sleep for all the bugles and never saw a person………
Sure there was... and sure you didn't.

jchamwv

FNG
Give Phil Rutt at Triple Three in Buffalo a call. He may be able to provide you some help or info at least. You can also call the forest service to see who is permitted for the national forest and wilderness areas. As stated previously, unless you want to go into the wilderness there isn't much need for a packer. There are a lot of atv trails and forest service roads.