Shout out to Robby and Rokblogs Live Hunt - Closing in on Jalepeno

Well... Robby went down swinging. Such a fun hunt to follow, but I'm pretty bummed that he didn't get Jalapeno. If you read this Robby, thanks for taking us along!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,
just found this. Thanks for following along and good to hear you were learning about big mule deer. To me, that is what it's all about. I learned that they often are in the brush preparing a platter to serve you your rear end on!

I'll get back to hunting him soon, so stay tuned.

Someone asked about me taking bucks with a bow. I'm a deer hunter, not an archery, rifle, or muzz hunter. The weapon is secondary to the opportunity it provides. I've only shot three mule deer bucks with my bow in 20 years of focusing on them. If I was after average bucks, I think you could kill one every year with a bow. Big bucks, not (unless your last name is Ulmer).

Thanks guys/gals.

Thanks for the blog posts. Its fun to follow along on such a great buck. I amazes me that a buck like that is alive in such open ground, especially since you mentioned others know of him. How has he not been killed by a gun hunter?

I have found myself becoming more of a deer hunter and less of an archery hunter. As I get older I am more into the opportunity and just glad to be out hunting.

bjaegers

Lil-Rokslider
Well he will look better hard horned anyways. Incredible effort you put into your hunts very inspiring.