Sig Sauer KILO3K battery draw - what the heck???

Tod osier

WKR
In the late fall I bought a Sig KILO 3K. I've owned a fair number of range finders (couple Nikons, Bushnell, and a couple Sigs) and bought the Sig KILO 3K to replace a Sig KILO 2000 (that I really liked) that the auto brightness on the display crapped out at 5 years and a couple months.

This new rangefinder drains batteries crazy fast. Through the winter I used it a few times and every time I picked it up the battery was at 75 or 50%. I kept putting batteries in it - first thinking the factory battery was weak, then thinking the replacement that I put in was old, then the second replacement, then… Anyway I bought brand new batteries and tested it. Lasering for 50 continuous seconds draws the battery down to 75% (and it does not bounce back to full bars after it sits). I sent it back, they tested it and sent it back. I complained and they sent me a "courtesy replacement" (I hate that phrase). After getting the replacement today, I tried continuous lasering for 10 second bouts and the 5th bout the battery was down to 75% and then when I was clicking through the settings (not lasering) it went down to 50% (very similar rate of draw as my first unit). I talked with customer service and an optics/rangefinder tech and he confirmed that his unit did the same and my original unit conformed to their draw test standards.

I've spent a fair amount of time behind a rangefinder and every one I've has barely used batteries and they hardly needed replacement, I can think of several times I went a whole season on full bars and replaced the battery for the next season just in case.

Anyone have some wisdom for me or a dope slap?

Suggestion for a mid priced nice fast range finder for archery and rifle. I'd just get a Kilo 2000 if they were available and be happy to the end of my days.

I’m disappointed to hear this. I was ready to pull the trigger on one. Now you have me second guessing myself. Really like all the features but that is a problem. I will see if anyone else chimes in with the same issue.

In the late fall I bought a Sig KILO 3K. I've owned a fair number of range finders (couple Nikons, Bushnell, and a couple Sigs) and bought the Sig KILO 3K to replace a Sig KILO 2000 (that I really liked) that the auto brightness on the display crapped out at 5 years and a couple months.

This new rangefinder drains batteries crazy fast. Through the winter I used it a few times and every time I picked it up the battery was at 75 or 50%. I kept putting batteries in it - first thinking the factory battery was weak, then thinking the replacement that I put in was old, then the second replacement, then… Anyway I bought brand new batteries and tested it. Lasering for 50 continuous seconds draws the battery down to 75% (and it does not bounce back to full bars after it sits). I sent it back, they tested it and sent it back. I complained and they sent me a "courtesy replacement" (I hate that phrase). After getting the replacement today, I tried continuous lasering for 10 second bouts and the 5th bout the battery was down to 75% and then when I was clicking through the settings (not lasering) it went down to 50% (very similar rate of draw as my first unit). I talked with customer service and an optics/rangefinder tech and he confirmed that his unit did the same and my original unit conformed to their draw test standards.

I've spent a fair amount of time behind a rangefinder and every one I've has barely used batteries and they hardly needed replacement, I can think of several times I went a whole season on full bars and replaced the battery for the next season just in case.

Anyone have some wisdom for me or a dope slap?

Suggestion for a mid priced nice fast range finder for archery and rifle. I'd just get a Kilo 2000 if they were available and be happy to the end of my days.
I just saw in the manual in the FAQ section it should have a battery saver mode? Can you use that option?

I can’t send messages yet but just FYI-if you liked the 2200, there are 2 decent looking ones on eBay right now. Might be worth taking a chance on another one.